Chapter 13

Black Canary and Green Arrow had emerged out of the elevator shaft to an unguarded corridor. They reached the unmistakable glass corridor the kid had described. Jutting out from the middle of it was Maxmellius's office suspended in the air above the factory floor.

"Wait." Canary held out her hand to stop Arrow, "Where are the guards?"

"You think it's a trap?" Arrow scratched his head, "They must've rushed off to deal with the cause of all those explosions." He shrugged, "Besides, anything comes, and I got your back."

"You mean I'll save your hide while you stand back looking for your bow?" Canary countered. They approached the office, Canary on high alert for any signs of a silent alarm being triggered.

"Hey!" Arrow chuckled, "I'm just as good with my fists as you."

"Right, and we're ten-zero because you let me win, is it?" Arrow cleared his throat, changing the subject.

"Judging from the oversized chair the guy must be compensating for something." He smiled seeing Canary's eyes roll. She sat down in the huge chair while Arrow stood watch, keeping an eye out down the corridor as well as the factory floor. He watched her work at a thread on her jacket, undoing the seam to reveal a small thin metal plate that she inserted into the computers USB. The screen went black before a bunch of red symbols appeared. A moment later, 'ACCESS GRANTED' appeared on the screen and Canary went to work.

"That's a nifty trick." Green Arrow peeked over Canary's shoulder.

"I asked Cyborg to make it for me. In case it gets in the wrong hands he made it with only three uses, but it can hack anything in the world." Canary explained.

"So, we only have two uses left then, we can work with that."

"One. I used it on a mission before this." While she worked, Green Arrow noticed the nameless sidekick drop down from a vent and begin scrambling across the factory floor.

"Kids got spunk." When he noticed how poor her hiding skills where he chuckled, "But she's got a lot of training ahead of her."

"Ollie, look at this." Arrow turned from the window back to the computer screen.

"Wait, is that..?" On the screen was an image of Superman bound to an operating table with a red kryptonite crystal strapped above his chest. Tiny machine arms with saw blades, alligator forceps, lasers and the like were hovering over him. He looked like he was struggling under the red glow.

"It gets worse. Looks like they captured him using Kryptonite, and they were experimenting on him with it too." Canary began transferring the files onto the stick, "He's here still, and I know where."

"Then let's go find him."

"Let's." Canary agreed. They'd made it halfway down the hallway when a giant form crashed into it from below, smashing through the glass and damaging the scaffolding that supported the hall and office. The walkway underneath them tilted towards the beast as the entire hallway began to fall. Canary lost balance, falling forward towards the new foe. It snapped at her, but she twisted her body out of the way just in time landing wit her feet on its shoulder using it to launch her between the scaffolding to safety. She landed on her hands, carrying her momentum into a roll until she was on her feet facing the crashing hallway. Green Arrow had managed to grab onto a holdfast, leaping through the windows of the office just as the impact caused them all to explode in a rain of glass. He rolled to a stop beside Black Canary taking cover behind one of the larger machines. The beast that had attacked them didn't get out in time as metal scaffolding and glass buried it.