Chapter 2: Meeting With The Olympians

Mount Olympus (3rd Person Pov)

Zhongli proceeded down the tunnel, the cheers of the deities in the stadium still audible as he got farther away, until he came to some double doors, lifting his right hand and placing it between each door, then pushing them open, leading to a dressing room.

Zhongli walked over to a chair and sat down, taking a deep breath as the affects of fatigue set in.

"You really impressed me out there, it was a fantastic fight." Zhongli turned his head and beheld a lovely woman with fair skin, long hair that transitioned from silvery white at the roots to inky black at the ends, and pale, iridescent eyes with white pupils. The (Minor) Goddess of Sorrow was the title given to this woman. Shenhe.

Shenhe was, as previously said, the Goddess of Sorrow

Shenhe was, as previously said, the Goddess of Sorrow. It is believed that before she became a goddess, she was a young human girl who was regarded as if she were cursed. Born with exceptional talents, she lived blaming only herself for the agony everyone around her endured until she met Hestia, after which her entire life changed for the better.

"What are you doing here, Shenhe?" Zhongli inquired, puzzled, as to why she had appeared in front of him.

"Hm? Why do you ask that?"

"I heard you were going to meet a devil called Sirzechs for something?"

"Sirzechs? Oh yeah. When I found out you were having your first expedition combat, I made it a point to finish as quickly as possible so I could watch. To be honest, I'm amazed with how powerful you've grown, but you still have a long way to go." Shenhe drew her arms across her chest as she examined Zhongli.

"Maybe, but it will take time; you can't rush someone's growth." Shenhe smiled as she rose up and sat next to Zhongli after hearing his response.

There was a brief moment of stillness as neither one spoke until they heard footsteps approaching from the hall at a furious pace before Saga burst through the doors.

"That was incredible, Zhongli! I'm extremely proud of you!" Saga put her arms around Zhongli's neck, clinging off him like a child. Shenhe glanced amused at Zhongli, who just seemed unconcerned.