Chapter 3: The 77th Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor

Mount Olympus (3rd Person Pov)

"Saga, where are you taking us?"

Saga was dragging both Zhongli and Shenhe along as she dragged them to a lift. 

"Well we need to find beings of Greek heritage to participate in the tournament, no?"  Saga asked almost rhetorically. 

"We do, but it doesn't answer his question about where you're taking us." Saga chuckled slightly when Shenhe responded. 

"Well, I already have two slots lined up the first for Zhongli and the second for Atalanta, assuming she will join, so we just need one more." Saga's comment attracted Zhongli's interest, and he began to examine the mischievous smirk on Saga's face. 

"Hey, Saga... are you thinking about "her"?" Saga's face lit up with a smile in response to Zhongli's question.

"It appears you've figured it out; you're correct, she's the one we're going to." As Saga finished speaking, Zhongli sighed. 

"Firstly, you already know her views on resurrecting the dead, and second, me and her haven't spoken in a long time." Saga hummed in response to Zhongli's remark, smiling back at him.

"What's the big deal?" That's all the more incentive to pay her a visit; you'll be able to catch up like old friends."

Shenhe peered between Saga and Zhongli, perplexed as to what they were discussing.

"Would you mind telling me who you're referring to?" Zhongli moaned as Saga grinned brightly. 

"Wangsheng Funeral Parlor's 77th Director!" "Hu Tao!" Saga appeared to be overjoyed when she stated this, whilst Zhongli appeared to be emotionless.

"How do you feel about her, Zhongli?" Shenhe directed her question towards Zhongli, but just as he was about to respond, Saga replied for him.

"Zhongli here used to be best friends with Hu Tao!" Saga smiled as she said this.

"Used to? What happened then?" 

"There was nothing that occurred between us. I just stopped travelling to Earth." As they approached the lift, Zhongli gently responded to Shenhe's question.

Saga clicked the lift button, enabling the double doors to open for everyone to enter.

"You stopped traveling to earth? Why?" Zhongli could tell Shenhe desired answers, so he began to respond with less hesitancy.

"I just got really busy in Olympus, the Olympians eventually got used to my presence and some even started hanging out with me, so I never found myself with a spare moment to go back down there." Saga tapped the ground floor button on the lift, prompting the mechanism to begin dropping. Shenhe nodded, accepting his response.

"So, Saga, do you have anyone in mind for whom you're forcing us to visit Hu Tao?" Zhongli's gaze was drawn to Saga, who simply shrugged.

"I said it on a whim, to be honest, but knowing her, she could probably help us out." Saga spoke out as Zhongli hummed and folded his arms as he drifted off to thoughts of past Greek deities.

The lift eventually came to a halt, and the three beings stepped into the reception area of an enormous building. To the inexperienced eye, all three of them appeared to have walked from the second to the thirty-first floors, but to Zhongli, Shenhe, and Saga, they had simply crossed dimensions. 

Despite the fact that the lift is linked to Olympus, only deities and those with special authorization via a key or a deity's blessing can use it to freely move between the two planes.