Eight

"How's Peeta?" Finnick asked Katniss, looking down at her.

"He's okay," Katniss shrugged, looking at Peeta. "Dehydrated."

A beeping echoed through the trees, alerting both Katniss and Finnick. Finnick didn't move for fear of disturbing Sidney's sleep, but Katniss stood. She rushed over to the parachute that came from a sponsor, eager to see what they had gotten.

Katniss opened up the metal container and took out the small scrap of paper, reading it.

"Drink up," Katniss read off of the note with a hint of confusion. Katniss took the pointy metal piece out of the container and inspected it.

"What is it?" Finnick asked, slightly whispering so he didn't wake Sidney.

"It's from Haymitch," Katniss spoke. "I think it's a spile."

Katniss took the spike and a rock, creating a hole in a tree by hitting the spile into it. A moment passed as Katniss's hope diminished, until water began pooling out of it.

"Sidney," Finnick spoke softly, he placed a hand on the side of her head and rubbed her cheek with his thumb. Her eyes fluttered open as she awoke. "We have water."

Her eyes lit up as she felt the dryness in her throat. She stood up, quickly, rushing over.

Sidney opened her mouth and let the water pool in, the feeling of her dehydration shrinking. She let out a sigh of relief as she drank. Tipping her head down and lifting the water drop on her face.

She quickly moved aside and let Finnick and Peeta drink. She looked up at the sky, mumbling a thank you meant for whoever sent and paid for this amazing object.

The four tributes laid back down in their sleeping spots, settling back in fro the night.

An hour later, loud gongs echoed through the arena. It sounded like percussionists hitting two cymbals together.

Everyone was silent as they listened to the gongs, Sidney clearly annoyed by the sound.

"I counted twelve." Katniss spoke.

"Midnight?" Finnick asked.

"Or the number of districts."

Finnick sighed, rubbing his eyes once the gongs ended. "Well, if you won't go to sleep, I will."

Sidney woke up only hours later in a haze. Her vision blurred together as she looked at Finnick's panicked face, yelling at her. She felt him grasp her hands. He pulled her up onto her feet as if pulling her out of water, because the moment she was on her feet, she realized what was going on.

Katniss was getting Peeta up, screaming something about how the fog was poisoned. Sidney didn't understand what she meant - for a moment - before she saw the large, white, puss-filled boils in Katniss's hand.

Sidney reacted quickly, making sure her sickle was secure and grabbing the spear from the ground. She held it tightly as she sprinted, Peeta and Katniss behind her and Finnick.

They were fast, but the fog was faster. It crept up on them from every corner, making the only direction they could go straight.

Sidney ran with Finnick right behind her, making sure he could pick her up if she fell down. The fog got too close to him and hit his back, making him scream as he fell to the ground in pain.

"Finnick!" Sidney screamed as she turned back around and grabbed his arm picking him up off the ground. They continued to run, Finnick stumbling every once in a while.

Sidney and Finnick heard Peeta and Katniss both cry out as the fog touched their sides. Peeta seemed to get the worst of it as he pushed Katniss ahead of him. Katniss did the same thing to him.