Three

It had been an entire month since Sidney first woke up in the hospital wing in the Capitol.

She had been beaten daily. Almost every other hour. Sometimes she was taken to the special torture room and sometimes she was left in her cell and beaten on the hard stone.

The people that tortured her liked to do different things on the tributes. Peeta got injected with tracker jacker venom. Johanna got electrocuted and drowned. Sidney got whipped and burned.

They would sometimes use fire. Lights that they held against her skin. Sometimes hey would just use hot surfaces and stick her body to them. She also got whipped fairly often, making long gashes across her body that made the claw markings from the Games look like little scratches.

But the worst torture of all came only to Johanna and Sidney. About once every week, both Sidney and Johanna were dragged into their own separate bedroom and left with a Capitol man. This was their new reality. And the sad thing is that that was normal for Sidney.

Within the past month, the around the clock torture and lack of food had already taken a toll on Sidney, Johanna, and Peeta. All of them were very skinny due to malnourishment. Johanna's head had been shaven completely and they all bore new scars and bruises daily.

Sidney and the two other tributes had not been beaten for two days, which was a new record. All because they were filming a propaganda commercial.

The Peacekeepers had been careful not to bruise up the tribute's faces or arms too much, sticking mostly to the back and stomach and chest. This was so that the makeup artists of the Capitol wouldn't have to work so hard to cover up the injuries.

Sidney sat down in a makeup chair in a room separate from both Peeta and Johanna. Peacekeepers were stationed at every door and Sidney's limbs were tied to the chair. Once Sidney's makeup was finally done, she looked in the mirror and was, sadly, impressed with how well the makeup artists covered up the bruises and scars.

They then put her in an all white dress made of a silky fabric. The dress was quite beautiful but there was one very disturbing factor to it. The straps over the shoulders that opened onto the back looked very similar to a whip.

Sidney was walked into a film room that had already been set up. There was a white backdrop with a white throne that President Snow was already sitting upon. Johanna and Peeta were standing on either side of the throne, obediently. Although you could see the annoyance in Johanna's eyes.

A Peacekeeper pushed Sidney over to stand next to Peeta, placing her on an X mark made on the floor.

"If any of you move you will be punished severely." The Peacekeeper spoke. The Peacekeeper assumed they understood as he turned and walked away.

"Let's begin." President Snow spoke. The film crew rushed around the room to get everything started. A man ran behind the camera and began filming, pointing at President Snow to start talking.

"Coming live from the Capitol, I am President Snow and I have a message." President Snow began.

The message was live. Sidney could talk to the rebels. But she would be punished severely. What would she even say? She had nothing to tell them that was worth a beating. But if she told the Districts. If she told them that she, Johanna, and Peeta were being held captive in the Capitol.

But she couldn't even get a word in with President Snow. She would wait. Wait for a different interview where she would tell the entire country what was really going on.

"Panem today, Panem tomorrow, Panem forever." President Snow eventually signed off of the live propaganda video.

Johanna growled once the red light on the camera turned off. The production crew got right to work, changing the room.

They took down the white backdrop and they rolled the throne away, replacing it all with a chair across from another chair. It looked like a talk show, which is probably what it was.

As if things couldn't get any weirder, Caesar Flickerman walked into the room. Sidney rubbed her eyes, flinching when she pressed on a forgotten bruise. A makeup artist ran up to Sidney and applied more makeup on her injuries.

Caesar looked over at Sidney, watching as her bruises were covered up once again. Sidney glanced his way to see a hint of a frown, but it was replaced with a fake smile when President Snow walked up to him, handing him some note cards.

"You will go first," a Peacekeeper told Sidney, directing her to the chair. Sidney nodded, letting the Peacekeeper leave her. For a second, finally, nobody was watching her.

Sidney walked over to the makeup area where she found a small pack of makeup wipes. Sidney tried to hide her smirk as she hit an idea, taking one of the wipes and hiding it within the folds of her dress.

"Sidney, we're on in a minute." One of the people from the crew spoke. Sidney sat down across from Caesar, the frown now a distant memory.

"Three, two," the camera man counted down before mouthing the word 'one' and pointing at Caesar.

Caesar's normal smiling face had long ago vanished as he now stared at the camera intently.

"Hello ladies and gentleman, I am Caesar Flickerman," Caesar greeted the people watching. "I am joined here today with the District Four victor, Sidney Gage." The camera turned and focused on Sidney before panning out so both Caesar and Sidney were in the shot. "Sidney, how have you been?"

"The best I can be." Sidney answered.

"How have you been holding up since the news of Mags Flanagan's death?" Caesar asked.

The floor seemed to fall out from under Sidney as she stared at Caesar in disbelief. Mags, one of Sidney's only friends, was dead? Were they just trying to get in her head? Or was it the truth.

"W-What?" Sidney asked. "Sorry, I don't think I heard you right."

"How have you been since Mags Flanagan's death?" Caesar repeated himself.

"I-I- no one told me about this." Sidney spoke carefully. A tear dropped down her cheek. She brushed it away, quickly. "When was this?"

"About a month and two weeks ago." Caeser told her. Sidney just nodded, forcing the rest of the tears to stay in her eyes.

"Have you been in contact with any past victors staying in District Thirteen?" Caesar asked.

"No," Sidney shook her head. "No, I haven't."

"Do you have anything to say to the districts or the rebels?" Caesar asked.

This was a dangerous question with a lot of dangerous answers. Sidney had to talk to the rebels. She had to tell the Districts what was really going on. She just had too.

"Sidney?" Caesar asked. Sidney looked back at Caesar.

"Sorry, I was . . . thinking." She told him.

Sidney looked behind the camera at the man holding up large cue cards with suggestions on what to say. The card said something along the lines of 'the rebels are destroying our way of life and must be stopped.'

Sidney looked over to her right to see Johanna and Peeta staring at her, a Peacekeeper holding a gun to their sides. Peeta looked scared while Johanna had daring eyes.

"Do it." Johanna mouthed with a nod, smiling. Sidney let out a shaky breath before turning her head back to Caesar.

Sidney took the makeup wipe in her hand, wiping the concealer from her face, quickly. She wasn't sure if the bruises were visible or not, but she didn't care. She did what she could and she had to speak.

"I am Sidney Gage, District Four victor," Sidney spoke rushed, watching as Peacekeepers began advancing towards her, her breathing pace picked up, now letting the tears come down. "I am being held in the Capitol with Peeta Mellark and Johanna Mason." Sidney looked around quickly, gripping onto the chair as the Peacekeepers began to pull her out of her chair. She fought against them, keeping her face in the camera shot. "We are being tortured daily! Trust the rebels! Stand with the Mockingjay!" Sidney yelled. Her arms were grabbed as they tried to drag her from the chair. "Burn President Snow-!" She yelled before the butt of a Peacekeeper's rifle was slammed into the side of her head, immediately knocking her out as the camera's cut.