Chapter 10.5

B's POV

Location: Undisclosed for safety reasons.

"Bitch, pleeeeeease!" 

I almost spilled my heavenly bites all over my Beast, watching the men peacock around each other- to be honest, at the moment, only Wei WuXian could stake a claim to that title- before bringing what I expected to be an extremely hot rendezvous, to a staggering, highly unexpected halt. 

I couldn't believe it. The emotionally constipated cultivator was at it again. Instead of utilizing the chance at happiness that I had served him on a silver platter, he had, for some Brams awful reason, hit himself with the hilt of his sword and passed out. 

I am kind and generous when I want to be, but Lan Zhan, my boy, you are beginning to piss me off! 

Was wanting two hot men, who were obviously and inevitably going to fall in love, have some freaking hot sex, asking for too much, that too when I had rid them of most of their emotional baggage?

I left a frustrated sigh and paused the screen. It was late, but I could hear murmurs from the floors below. The THQM never slept, for obvious reasons, but today it was noisier than usual; putting my precious tub away, I left my office and peeked at the approximate source of the commotion. 

It was Kam and Yao. Again!

"Hey!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, and not only that floor but every floor except for Brams' fell silent. "You two, report to me immediately!" I barked and returned to my office. With a snap of my finger, I tidied up the place to look like one where people came to be tortured. 

I ran my eyes over the red walls with decapitated human and non-human remains thrown carelessly about, giving the impression that I had just finished a hearty meal. 

Much better! 

Taking my throne in the center of the office and soundproofing it, I acknowledged the knock on the door. 

A few moments later, the two idiots were standing in my office, wearing grim expressions. "What the bloody hell seems to be the problem?"

When none spoke, I brought my palm down on my desk. The two jerked back in response, "I, very specifically, asked you to leave the office premises, did I not?"

Yao spoke first. Bowing to me like he was still a mortal human on 69, he begged, "Please forgive me, Madam. I did follow your orders, but when I saw that Kamloon had made it so that I couldn't even guide my pawn after he had gone back on the deal, I lost my mind for a moment and sought him out." He bowed lower, his body a perfect right angle, and spoke with contempt, "Madam, even now, he refuses to shoulder the blame. My future in this fine establishment depends on who wins this contest. If Kamloon gets promoted, he will throw me back into the cycle of life and death."

Finishing what he had to say, Yao stole a look at Kam, obviously proud at having given a valid reason for his being here.

I gave Kam a moment to keep his side of the story, but it chose silence. 

What is your deal, ancient one? 

"Okay," I pretended to give the matter a serious thought and turned to Yao, "Can you tell me the rules of your game and the consequences of winning and losing?"

Yao glanced at me, confused, "Madam, we didn't change anything after you approved it."

I couldn't blame the guy. Among the three of us, he was the only clueless one. But in my defense, I had started hating the guy on principle since I had seen what it had cost Wei Ying and Lan Zhan.