22. Happy Birthday Vi

One month later:

Anushka's POV:

I glanced at my watch again. It was 8:10. 'Just 5 more minutes' I thought as I impatiently waited in the airport lobby for Virat and team to come.

Vi and the team were coming back from Australia after a month. The team won the ODI series and Virat and Rohit were too good throughout the series.

I followed cricket keenly after so long though I couldn't watch all the matches but I always kept the scoreboard pinned in my phone.

I clearly remember how surprised and happy Virat sounded when I told him that I watched the decider match.

Flashback:

“Yayyyy! Rohit, you beauty” I screamed in joy as Ro delivered the ball in the stands scoring the winning runs.

Ro was awarded Man of the series while Vi won Man of the match. These two!

For the next hour, I was impatiently pacing in my room waiting for that one call.

It has been our routine that after every match Virat calls me as soon as he gets to his room. And then he tells me whatever happened in the match.

My phone rang and I answered the call in a second without even looking at the caller Id. I knew it was him.

“Nushkie, We wonn” He said excitedly as soon as I answered the call.

Congratulations Vi” I replied.

“Thank you. And you know who won the man of the series and man of the match?” He asked and I was already smiling at his excitement.

“Is it a certain Sharma and certain Kohli who won them?” I replied cheekily.

“O my God, how do you know?" he asked surprisingly.

“I even know, how the man of the match scored a whopping century and the man of the series finished it off with a six.” My words were followed by a silence of some seconds.

“Did you watch the match!!???!” He asked almost yelling and I could imagine the shock on his face.

“Yes I did.” I replied.

“Did you- I mean.. You enjoyed right?” He asked and I could hear the nervousness in his voice.

“Ofcourse, I absolutely enjoyed. What a match, man...” I said taking away all his nervousness.

“I'm so happy, Nushkie” He replied and for the next 30 minutes we kept discussing how we felt during a particular moment in the match. Laughing and Enjoying throughout.

“Btw you remember you've a punishment to complete” He asked and I hummed asking him what he wants me to do?

“Let's drop that. We know you were intoxicated.” He replied causing me to smile.

Can he be anymore sweet?

“Rules are Rules and being an honest participant of our deal, I would urge you to say my punishment this very instant.” I ordered dramatically and he chuckled.

“Okay then. My birthday is around the corner so your punishment is to do something special” He said excitedly.

“Something special?” I querried.

“Like being with me” He hinted.

“Oh, I get it. You'll be in India on your birthday, right? It's 3 November already” I said realising that it's just 2 days left.