Chapter five

I woke up on the floor, and everything hurt. I thought I would pass out from the pain. Luckily, my mum came to my room.

Don’t get me wrong she was just as bad as my dad, but she has something good in her, she has helped me a couple times my dad went overboard with the beating, probably because she didn’t want them to get caught.

She leaned over me and whispered, “You are lucky he didn’t kill you.”

“Mum, please bring something for the pain, I will pass out, please it’s too much, I can’t take it, please, please.” I begged, tears streaming down my face.

She looked at me with a serious expression and nodded. She came back with painkillers and something that would help me sleep. She lifted me up bridal style as I cried in pain and put me on my bed, she then gave me the pills and left, after a while I started falling asleep, but not before I set an alarm for the next day.

I woke up an hour before my alarm, my room was now clean and there was a new computer on my desk. I managed to stand up, wincing in pain while doing so. It seemed that he didn’t break anything while beating me. I went to the bathroom, and I was scared to look in the mirror.

I looked up and saw my right eye black and swollen, thankfully, not too much, my bottom lip was cut open, and there were marks all around my neck. I started applying makeup to my neck and face, covering most of the bruises well.

I wore a tight white short sleeved t-shirt and a white pair of pants with white converse. The outfit really complimented my slim figure. I left my house in a rush, forgetting to eat again, which I knew was stupid.

As I reached the school and entered through the front door, I felt a hand grabbing me. I turned around to see Jason and his friends. He then lifted his fist, punching me in the face and letting me hit the floor.

“Fucking Dyke. That’s what you get for embarrassing me.” He yelled and people started to gather around us.

“What’s going on here?” I heard a familiar voice asking. I was holding my face.

“Mr. Adams to the principals office now, the rest of you go to your classes now” She  yelled.

“Are you ok?” She said softly, kneeling next to me.

“Not really, it hurts.”

“Let’s go to the nurse” she helped me stand up and put her hand on my back, leading me to the nurses office.

She explained to the nurse what happened and then went back to her class. The nurse gave me ice for my eye and lip. I sat at the nurse’s office to rest until the third period, which meant that I had to attend Biology.

Everyone is staring at me, but I don’t care, I just want this day to be over. During lunch Charlie and I went to the library, and she kept asking how I was feeling. I wanted to talk about Saturday night, but it wasn’t the right time and place.

During PE the teacher heard what happened and she felt bad and let me off the hook. Since I didn’t have to shower and change, I went to English 15 minutes early. I knocked on the door.

“Come in.”

“Hello Ms. Davis” I said smiling. She immediately looked up.

“Hey how are you?”

“Ok I guess, it hurts but nothing I’m not used to.” I said regretting it immediately. How did I let that slip.

“What do you mean?” She eyed me curiously.

“Nothing really, I meant that I have high pain tolerance so it’s not that bad.” I shrugged.

“Ok.” She said eyeing me. Her eyes traveled down to my neck, and I knew I had to distract her.