Samuel Reynolds

Laura's POV

Today my brother in law is going to arrive at our place and will stay with us.I am a little bit nervous as to I don't have any clue of his nature and likes and dislikes of him.I need to ask Ryan about what food does he prefer and what preparations are to be made in advance,right now he's in the gym doing excercises.

Ryan finished his gym practice and went to take the shower meanwhile I prepared his breakfast and was going to set the table the door bell rang and left the plates on the dining table and went to open the door thinking the maids have arrived but there was a guy heighted 6ft tall,dark and handsome and having 2 suitcases,1 duffle bag in hand standing and staring at me,for the first time I was stunned looking at him  but he asked me "Hi SIL, I am your BIL Samuel Reynolds but you can call me SAM and where is my idiot bro" to which I replied "I'm really sorry I didn't recognise you he's taking shower and would be here any moment.I have set up your room go freshen up till then I'll make your breakfast,What would you like to have you must be hungry right?"
Then he replied "Dearest SIL I can have anything I heard you are very good in cooking so I would like you to surprise me".

I had finished setting up the breakfast table with fruit juice,pancakes,jam, oats,omlettes as this was what Ryan loved it that's when Ryan and Sam entered together laughing out loud and they each took the chair and sat for breakfast whereas it was the rule that I had to serve breakfast to Ryan and could only eat after him so to save him from embarrassment I headed towards the kitchen pretending to make pancakes for them when the bell rang again and I opened the door to find the maids entering and asking about the chores to be done.
I took them to the kitchen and instructed them to clean the other part of the house so they would give time to finish the breakfast that's when I heard Sam calling my name and I rushed coz Ryan would always get angry if I took longer time to respond.Sam asked me"SIL did you make this delicious breakfast ?" To which I replied a simple "Yes"dreading if something is wrong but he got up from his chair took hold of my hand and kissed them,making Ryan angry with his gesture.
I was quite shocked as no one till date had kissed my hand to compliment, that's when Ryan got up from the chair banged the table and yelled at Sam "How dare you call her SIL and kiss her hands for complimenting her.She is an average cook mother's food also taste the same.There is nothing new to it."
Sam was cool and calm he chuckled and replied "That's why Bro, I kissed her hands coz the food she's served is similar to the taste of Mom so I won't miss her food.I'll let Mom know that her DIL cooks such great food and Bro please stop yelling she's my SIL that's why I called her that if you don't like it then I will call her Laura if you don't mind.But I think so you won't like that because you've become very possessive about Laura".I wanted to intervene but looking at Ryan's face red with anger I feared for any punishment to be called upon myself as he had told me previously he would punish me but I had never given him any chance to complain so literally I was never punished.I always had done everything as he wanted according to the rules.
With this he looked at Sam and asked him to finish his breakfast and sat in his chair glaring at me so I again left them to enjoy the breakfast.I entered the kitchen when I saw the maids were a bit tense hearing the chaos from outside but I assured them it was nothing and to continue with the work in hand.

After sometime  they both left for office and I was confused if I could have my breakfast or not.I didn't wanted Sam to know anything about our relationship.Maybe I have to maintain a distance with Sam so now onwards there is no issue between the brothers I'll see to it.