5. The first scandal

A few days had passed since my arrival in Korea and the accident. I had gotten comfortable with all the girls. I definitely spoke with Hanni the most. The last couple of days i had started to learn the dance to the song that New Jeans had already released. 

The video of the members meeting me for the first time would be released today. I guess that's my screen debut. The members had given a couple of hints to the fans, that New Jeans would be getting a new member.

Not many of the fans had figured it out. That kind of surprised me since from what I know kpop fans are better at investigating that the fbi. They sometimes scare me a bit. Like they can find anything.

A couple of hours after the video would be released we were going to hold a live. I was a bit nervous about being live. I hadn't really tried that before. Mei had always asked me to go live with her, but I always said no. 

Speaking of Mei. I still haven't talked to her since i moved to Korea. I took out my phone and dialed her number. The call went straight to voicemail. I tried calling her again but the same thing happened. Did she block me? Was she really that mad?

"You look deep in thought" Haerin said as she sat down next to me. Well you see it's not necessarily everyday that you best friend who you have know for many years just blocks your number.

"My best friend have been ignoring me ever since i told her I would be moving"  

"Oh... I'm sorry"

"It's fine. I don't know if she should be my best friend if she can't accept that I have moved away" I said and stood up. I looked at the clock. It was 18:03. The video could have been released 3 minutes ago. 

"Do you wanna dance Ditto together?" I asked Haerin. All of us were in the dance practice room. Some of us were just doing other stuff.  I took out my phone again and connected it to the speakers.

"Sure" We started dancing to Ditto. Some of the other members joined us along the way After half of the song we were all dancing along.  It was a bit messy since we hadn't gotten used to the new formation. 

A lot of the formation had changed since I had joined. Adding a new member is a lot of work from both the idols but also the company.  It had taken up a lot of our energy to go through this. I had to learn everything from scratch, while my members had to get used to a somewhat new dance.

After we finished the dance, we heard someone clap. We all turned to the door to see our manager Kim Hayoon clapping. She had a smile on her face as she started approached all 6 of us. 

"That was pretty great compared to the amount of time you have had to practice. Nari can I talk to you for a bit" Our manager said. I said sure and went out side of the practice room with her to the hall. 

"What do you want to talk with me about?" I asked. To be honest i was a bit scared. Our manager didn't look too happy. In fact she looked a bit frustrated and stressed. Had i done something wrong already.

She took out her phone and showed me an article about my brother and a mystery girl.  A picture was attached to the article. It was the picture of me and my brother hugging a couple of weeks ago when he went to Japan.

In the article they claimed that i was his long time girlfriend and that he was a backstabber to his whole fandom who had supported him ever since predebut. The article even called him foul. Did they really think I  was his girlfriend. That's disgusting.

"Care to explain this!?" My manager yelled. Did she believe the article? Did she not know that i share the same last name as him. Or could she just not guess that we shared the same last name because we were siblings.

"He's my brother... Is it wrong of me to hug him? And that was also before i became a trainee"   That took her by surprise. Did she really not know. It kind of made me a bit happy not gonna lie. 

"Oh really... We will release a statement straight away" She said and took her phone from my hand to write to someone.  Do we have to release a statement. It was nice to not be recognized as his sister for once. Was I being self-centered?

"You can go back to practice now." She said and walked away.  I came back into the practice room and got a couple of stares from my members. They had their phones in their hands. Had they seen it?

"You have a boyfriend?" Hyein asked me. 

"No. It's not my boyfriend... It's my brother" Once again they were taken aback. Do we really not look alike or something?  Why does everyone get so surprised!? Back in Japan our parents would always say that we looked alike. 

"Really!? we couldn't tell. It must feel nice to have an idol brother" Danielle said. Must feel nice. I didn't want to get more annoyed by it so i just agreed with her and said it was nice. I'm not mad at her. She didn't know.

 We continued to practice until we had to go live. We had an hour and a half till the live would get started. We all went to take showers. Some went into a different practice room lounge since there weren't enough showers in ours.

Straight after we finished showering we went to the make up studio.  I finally saw Daeun again. It had been a while. I didn't see her ever since i met the New Jeans members for the first time. I had missed her. Just a bit...

While she was doing my make up we started falling into talk. She had also seen the scandal. Does the whole korean population know or something!? The rumors started a couple of hours ago, yet everyone I have seen since then has seen the scandal.

She only said that she has seen the scandal.  Daeun knew very well that i wouldn't really want to talk about it. I really appreciated her.  She was quick to finish my make up. After everyone's make up was done we went into a whole new lounge.

We had to sit in a white couch. The wall behind us was black, like a lot of other hybe wall.  The lighting was amazing from all of the big windows in the room. We sat down and waited for the live to start. And like that it started.

~~~~~

Hey y'all

Sorry the chapter isn't that long. I have been busy with school and work. I had written all of the previous chapters when we were on break so i had a bit more time.

I will try to get chapters out pretty quick. I can't promise though.