25

Emory

"Oh my god"

"Oh my god"

"Oh. My. God."

My hands are in my hair and I'm in bed, staring up at the ceiling, questioning whether I want to leave the apartment today, or ever again. If you had to guess what I'm freaking out about, what would you guess?

Hint: I kissed Adrian last night.

I'm alone in my bedroom and I'm freaking out because I fucking kissed Adrian last night! And I wanted to and I liked it and so did he and my heart might just be permanently in my ass.

I've been lying in this position for about an hour and a half, if anyone was wondering.

"What happened?! What's going on?!" Xander bursts through my bedroom door and I sit up quicker than I probably ever have before, his wild eyes catching sight of me.

"Mo, what the hell is going on?" He asks, dropping to his knees at my bedside and scanning me for injuries.

"You've never texted a code red, you know those are for near death experiences right?" Xander asks.

"You texted me a code red to get you out of a date" I remind him.

"She was boring me to death" that makes me roll my eyes and shove him away.

"Seriously, what's going on?" my best friend frowns and my breath gets caught in my throat.

The memory of Adrian's lips on mine, his hands on me and his insane confessions flood my mind, my body flushing with embarrassment.

I try to confess but it comes out mumbled and muffled, the words fizzling on my tongue.

"What?" Xander asks, confusion marring his face and I have to try again.

"It'd help if you opened your mouth and looked at me, Mo" he huffs and I let out a childish groan, taking a deep breath and catching his eyes.

"I kissed Adrian last night" I whisper.

"I'm sorry?"

"I kissed Adrian"

"One more time"

"Adrian and I kissed! Last night! In my kitchen! Full on just made out with each other and it was the hottest thing that's ever happened to me, Xander! Okay!" I snap, those brown eyes widening with excitement and that fucking smugness I knew would be there because he's a prick.

"I told y-"

"Don't!" I cut him off, slapping my palm against his mouth.

He whines against my hand but I refuse to move it because my pride is too big.

"What?" I ask, pressing my hand harder against his lips making Xander narrow his eyes at me.

He snatches my wrist, ripping my hand from his face and huffs.

"Come on! I never get an I told you so moment, you get them all, let me say it, just once" he pouts.