3

" meow "[unedited]

" meow "
[unedited]

"AY, CARAMBA."

   It had been months since Puss's retirement to Mama Luna's sanctuary. Since then, the cat has done nothing but sulk and drown in his misery. Hell, the guy even managed to grow a long, messy and smelly beard. What kind of cat has done that?

No matter how many times she had been smacked by a broom, thrown into the garden and bitten or clawed by cats, the owner of the sanctuary never got used to the serpent. Mama Luna was quite protective over her feline children, she had noticed.

"This cat better move on from this depression, or so help me, I'm about to-"

   "Cheat? Mi vida, are you thinking of cheating your way out of this bet?"

   The wolf's gaze held a glint of mischief. The goddess grumbled a string of curses, she would never strive to be like this mischievous, dirty, cheating, lying son of a—

   "I would never, mierda. I'm not like you. In fact,"

   She strut in a circle around him, leaving him hypnotized by her beauty.

   "Positively dwelling on the death of mortals doesn't make you look, you know... strong. It makes you look—"

   "Hypocritical, emo and-" She slapped his snout before he could finish.

   "Stop interrupting! But, yes. And much more."

   He rolled his eyes at her with a smirk, slithering his arm around her waist. Before she could protest, he dipped her and held his snout close to her face.

   "Really, now? You think I'm all this and that, and yet—"

   She pouts at him, hating when he teases her like this. They aren't a couple, nor are they enemies or friends. This was their relationship. It was confusing all the way, but she just had to cope, secretly scared of his response to the questions piled up in her mind.

   "You let me do all sorts of things with you. You allow me, a lying, cheating scumbag, to take control of you."

   They dance to nothing but the music of the breeze, the night stars, and each other's voices. It's a battle between their morals, and one of love.

   "That was one time, Lobo." She snarked.

   "Two, actually." He returned.

   At that, she growled at him, grabbing his face and body slamming him into the dirt. He grunted, but snickered soon after. He knows he got through her.

   "Go back to town, I'm sure someone's dying and awaiting you."

   He raised himself, gaining his composure and dusting his cloak of any crumbs of dirt. "Anything for you, my love."

   They parted, but not before she could punch his shoulder. Softly, of course.

   She stared at the moon when there was no sight of him left to see, pondering the millions of feelings in her heart.

   She wanted— oh, so bad, to give in to the wolf and lay in his chest for comfort. She wanted to listen to his silent heartbeat, the heartbeat of death. It was a forbidden love, one even mortals despised the ideals of.

   But despite all of these wants, she needed to keep her distance. For herself, for the mortal realm, and for him.