The secret of the mysterious book

The next morning, at the first bell of her alarm, Valentina sprang out of her bed and dashed into the bathroom.

Without wasting any time, she completed her morning routine and came out of the bathroom in just 10 minutes, while wearing nothing but a bathrobe.

She hastily opened her cupboard took out her favorite denim midi dress and put on her black gladiators.

After getting ready she ran down the stairs and took an apple out from the refrigerator and kissed her aunt Anne on her right, who was standing in the kitchen, and said,'' I'm going out for some urgent work, I won't be doing breakfast today, I will try to come home by afternoon, so eat well, love you.'' and ran out of the house.

But soon came back in and dashed up the stairs, which made her aunt furrow her eyebrows so she called out her name and asked her,'' what happened now? Did you again forget something,valy?''

In reply, she heard the sound of heavy footsteps and soon Valentina appeared in front of her eyes, who was running down the stairs in haste as if there is an anaconda running behind her while holding an ancient hardcovered book in her hands,

Due to her running so fast on the stairs, she stumbled on the last third stair in a descended order, and the book was also tossed in the air and fell to the ground.

She was about to fall face first on the floor but got saved luckily by Anne who caught her in time.

Then Anne's eyes moved towards the book that fell on the carpeted floor of their house,

She first made Valentina stand back in her place, who was already staring at the book with wide eyes and then moved towards the book to inspect it, with furrowed eyebrows.

But before she could touch that book, Valentina lunged towards the book and picked that book up from the ground and said,'' Thanks aunt, gotta go, Take care.'' and gave her a cheeky smile at the end.

Anne was now suspicious, since last night, that Valentina has been behaving so out of character, so distant, so secretive, and what was that old dusty book in her hand about?

She felt that there was a need to have a good conversation with her on this matter, after all, Valentina was a responsible girl and Anne trusted her, she would accept her decisions, but she should not hide things from her now, this behavior of valy didn't sit well with her and Anne was now worried.

**************************************************************

Valentina was now on the road,walking while clutching the book to her chest tightly while reciting under her breath !,'' Oh ghost! please don't kill me,I am not taking you to some priest ,I'm just going to put you back in your place ,I beg you ,don't haunt me ,I understand your feelings ,You are one good person ,I can see you trust me too ,because when I woke up I wasn't dead ,I didn't have a single scratch on my body ,trust me ,i am a trust worthy person ,I wont ditch you ,library is still 20 min away ,please dont kill me ,while I'm on the street ,I don't want to die ,I mean life sucks ,but still my aunt would become lonely ,if I died.What happened to you ?Why did you died?Not all ghosts are bad ,I must say. Oh my god!Wait a minute ,are you by any chance an angel.Umm can you give me some signals ,if possible .''after saying all this she got silent and tried to observe the surroundings in order to identify any signal .Only then she noticed that she was in the market now ,and her voice was not low anymore ,she realized she had been talking too loudly all this time ,owing to the weird stares she was now receiving from the people in the market ,They all were looking at her as if she was crazy ,some kids were even laughing at her.

On noticing this ,red crept up her neck ,she immediately bowed down in front of them out of embarrasment and ran away ,after coming at a good distance away from them she sighed,''phew! hmphh!now I know you are a ghost only ,angels dont embarass kids like that,'' and puffed out her cheeks.