Sorrow to a Celebration

Law POV

I couldn't work..

I couldn't bring myself to fight..

I couldn't even bring myself to get out of bed to eat..

I hated myself for not being able to save her. I knew what was happening, yet I froze. "Why couldn't I react fast enough to get her off of that ship? The wave was far enough away... I could've done something.."

"Captain, you and I both know you wouldn't have been able to save her if you got on that ship. That wave was coming way too fast for you to get her off and get back into the submarine without taking all of us out. You can't blame yourself." Penguin said. He had dragged me out my room to eat; however, I never took any food. I drank the last thing I could remember her drinking with me.

Spirytus.

I was drunk on the 4th chug. It tasted awful.

"Captain.." Shachi said in a saddened tone

"I shudda made that call sooner!!" I yelled at myself "why couldn't I move!?" I said with tears in my eyes. Shachi started crying after I mentioned her death once again. He pushed his food off to the side and covered his eyes as if trying to refuse his tears.

"We all miss her." Shachi cried

"Captain.. she wouldn't listen.. she did this to herself." Jean said

"She didn't... She was fighting that old fart that claimed to be her father... He killed her because I didn't call her in fast enough." I cried and drank another big sip, spilling it down the sides of my mouth and down my chest. I slammed the bottom of the bottle on the table and sulked in my own self misery.

"I..."

"STOP BLAMING YOURSELF!!!" Penguin yelled as he grabbed my by the collar of my shirt. He had tears falling down his eyes as he seemed beyond angry with me, yet he showed that he was sad himself. "You couldn't have done anything.. This was just an accident!" He yelled as his emotions overwhelmed him.

"She's alive!!!" Ikaku yelled as she showed an updated poster of her going for a little over my bounty 450,000,000 berries..

There was a shimmer of hope in the air. She was alive... Where was she? Why hasn't she sent anything to us? Has she moved on?

"Does it say if she joined another crew?" I asked

"It does not. All it says is she assisted the Strawhat captain Luffy in escaping from a harbor trap closer to Doflamingo's territory. It doesn't say that she's apart of them or whether or not she just happened to make a small alliance and leave." Ikaku explained

"It's good to know she's alive at least." Shachi said as he wiped his tears away. I wiped mine away as well and smiled with my satisfied drunken self.

"Do you think she'll come back?" Bepo asked

"Of course she'll come back, stupid! We gave her no reason to leave!" Shachi growled

"Sorry.." Bepo apologize

"What are you apologizing for?" Penguin asked curiously "Whatever happens, happens. She'll come back to us once she knows where we are." He added

"So, until then, we'll keep our spirits high and our ambition to find her just that much higher, right captain?" Shachi said asking for my approval

"Absolutely." I spoke with confidence as the sorrows turned into a celebration. My drink changed from Spirytus to Jack Daniels, and we all celebrated for her governmental announced life.

I started eating again, and once everything cooled down, I waited until I was sober before I continued my work.

This may have been an episodic depression, but it had good reason. Maybe I'll run into the Strawhats one day and make an alliance. They seem to be headed closer and closer to the new world everyday, so it'll only be beneficial for us to create an alliance. Who knows, (y/n) may be waiting in the new world.