Three

Jungkook’s face paled in shock as he turned to stare at his boyfriend who held a hard, determined expression on his face. His train of thought stopped and his mind was a blank space for a few minutes, having trouble comprehending what Taehyung just said.

“W-what? What do you mean?”

“I’m not aborting my child. I just can’t. I had an ultrasound, and I saw them,” his voice cracked, silent tears falling down his cheeks, “I saw my pup, and I don’t want to give up on them. They’re just - they’re mine.” his hands moved to rest on his stomach, hugging himself tightly as he caressed the area, imagining himself caressing his pup as well.

“How can you be so selfish?! This is my life too that you’re playing with! I did not consent to bring a child that is mine into this world! What the fuck, Taehyung!” Jungkook suddenly screamed, his eyebrows furrowed in anger as he slammed his fists against the steering wheel, a breath escaping his lips, trying to breathe the frustrations out of his system. Taehyung flinched and tightened his arms around his stomach, a protective instinct.

“This child isn’t only yours!”

“I don’t want it!”

“But I do! This is my pup too and I want it!”

Jungkook’s jaw ticked as he glared at his boyfriend. He did not want a child, it’s a responsibility that he over and over again said he was not ready for. He felt like Taehyung was intentionally roping him down to that child and he felt suffocated and his frustrations were building up second by second. He couldn’t sleep a wink the night before, his mind going feral over the fact that Taehyung was pregnant.  He couldn’t stop thinking about it, he feared the impact of this on his life.

He can make more than one list of why kids are just an inconvenience, stressful and affect mental health. He can go on and on about how much he despises kids and wishes of none of his own. He didn’t want to be responsible for a whole other human being, he didn’t want to wake up one day and look at how mentally unstable his child is because of him. Jungkook doesn’t want to hear his son blame him one day for the way he turned out. He doesn’t want to take responsibility for that. He found it unfair how Taehyung is forcing it on him, destroying his life like that.

“Taehyung, I love you. I want to”

“No you don’t. You do not love me.”

Taehyung spat angrily, sitting up properly to glare at the alpha with disappointment clear in his eyes while the alpha’s eyes flashed with confusion, a frown settling on his face.

“Yes, I do. I-”

“No. You let me go in there alone. You called me selfish but aren’t you the selfish one between us? You don’t want this child, I get it! But you didn’t even think about how I felt, you don’t care about how I feel. Did you sit down and let me tell you how I felt about this whole thing? The first thing that should’ve left your mouth seeing me cry with a pregnancy test in my hand is to ask me how I felt not storming out of the bathroom and then barking an order in my face to abort the pregnancy!”

“You kept talking about why I shouldn’t keep it, why it will ruin your life and how much it will be an inconvenience to you. Where am I? I love kids, Jungkook. I love them so much. You know that I have always wanted my kids, I will work hard to provide for my pup, and I won’t let them ever feel uncared for. I’ll do my best for them and I won’t complain. Did you know this? Of course not. You only kept talking about yourself, refusing to even give me the chance to tell you what I feel.”

“I don’t want this responsibility! Why are you forcing it on me? Why can’t you just understand that I don’t fucking want this kid!”

Taehyung blinked away his tears as the alpha yelled, startling him once again. It’s the first time Taehyung felt threatened by the alpha, he has always felt safe in his presence, in his arms but somehow, he feels unsafe. He hates the small space of the car that is trapping him in with the alpha. He doesn’t know if this is their relationship falling apart or if he feels the hatred the alpha has for his child and therefore wants to protect it as an instinct. Either way, he wants to go. Far away from Jungkook.

“The moment you let me go into that clinic without being there to support me, hold my hand and reassure me, is the moment I realised how little I mean to you. You don’t love me, Jungkook. You got used to me.” The omega gulped as he struggled to talk without his voice cracking before he turned to face the alpha he fell in love with.

“I don’t need you to have anything to do with this kid. I won’t ask you to take responsibility, I won’t ask for child support and I won’t ask you to be there for my baby. From now on, it’s just my baby. Not yours. You have nothing to do with them.”

“So you’re breaking up with me?”

Jungkook breathed out his words, his tone laced with hurt and disbelief as his gaze softened into sadness instead, grief. His then-glaring eyes turned into those of despair, his heart beating uncontrollably in his chest as he awaited the answer, part of him not wanting to hear it. He suddenly does not care about the kid, the abortion, about whatever he had to say about the whole pregnancy. All his focus was shifted to his heart that is on the verge of breaking.

“We’re over Jungkook. I’m freeing you of the responsibility you so desperately do not want. My pup and I, we’re a package. If you don’t want them, you don’t want me either. I was ready to abort the pregnancy for you, but you showed me that I shouldn’t do such a thing for you when you didn’t deserve it. You don’t deserve to sleep light-hearted while I live with the pain of killing my child.”

“Taehyung-” a rigid breath escaped Jungkook’s lips as he let himself shamelessly sob, his lips turning a deep red from repeatedly biting on them, trying to stop himself from crying. “I didn’t- I don’t…I don’t want to break up with you, I love you..”

“Not enough. I wanted to marry you, I have been thinking about it so much recently, I thought you were truly the one for me but..”

“I’m glad I didn’t marry you.”