Running Away

Edited 13/3/24

Chapter One
Running away

Mia Ahara

He held my baby in his arms as he dangled his gun carelessly. I watched as my baby took it and started playing with it. Lee put the gun in his mouth, and I cried helplessly, he eventually pointed the gun in my direction. I cried out in panic; I was even more terrified for my life and for my baby's safety. Anger boiled in me. He must be a sick, mentally unstable, deranged, schizophrenic, mad man. 

 You must be wondering who 'He' is. Here goes my story...

When Lee turned three months old my boyfriend of two years somehow transfigured into a monster. He would abuse me, both mentally and physically. It has been five horrific, miserable months since then. His name is Jacob Lee Carlton, he was so pleasant and warm when I met him, like an angel sent by God but overtime he seemed to have gotten diabolically possessed. Sometimes I wonder if Jacob has any ounce of goodness left in him.

I've dreamt of a day when I will be free. Free from this wretched place, taking my baby with me to a safe place that feels like a home and not a prison. I yearned for a home without a Jacob in it. After Lee's birth, Jacob and I decided to name the baby, Lee Jacob Carlton.

"Please leave my baby alone" I cried to Jacob. He glared at me with his usual devilish look that got me petrified, then he placed Lee on the ground. I watched as he crawled away.

"Are you trying to tell me what to do bitch?" He demanded. I sobbed silently, the only thing I can do since I got a broken rib from his last beating. I really don't know how long I can continue to live like this.

"I just want you to stop!" I wept.  He snickered then stopped suddenly and slapped me across the face with his heavy rugged right hand.

"Strip, I need to calm myself" he ordered.

"I can't Jake, I'm tired" I whimpered, still feeling the sting from his rough and powerful slap. 

"What was that?" He asked. I looked at him in fear and quickly undressed myself. 

"Get on the bed and spread your legs" he commanded. I hesitated but did as I was told. He started thrusting himself between my thighs and about thirty agonizing minutes later his phone rang, he ignored it and continued. The phone rang for the second time, and he ignored it yet again. He kept thrusting, his chiseled jaw dripping with sweat, while his brown muscular stomach pressed against my breast. 

The phone rang for the third time. He shouted some expletives and got off the bed. He put on his pants and went to get the phone. I released a breath that I didn't know I was holding. 

Laying on the bed with my legs wide open Jacob shouted, "Make sure you have a proper bath it looks like I'm going to have friends over"

I almost passed out after I heard the words that came out of his mouth. 

How am I supposed to live after this?

Every time his friends come over it always ends badly. Jacob would allow them to do whatever they wanted to me...well almost anything, he doesn't allow them to touch me sexually. Usually after they leave the house, I'm left battered and bruised. I must find a way to escape this hellish life, because Jacob has no care nor respect for me.