Part 9

🌟EDA POV🌟

Serkan didn't comment on our kiss.

Well, he really didn't have a chance to do so.

Having heard my aunt and Kiraz approaching my bedroom, I'd jumped backward, away from Serkan, wholly embarrassed, and he had laughed awkwardly along with me to disguise what we'd been doing.

I was still unable to explain to myself why I'd kissed Serkan – and I wouldn't be able to explain it to him either.

At least not right now.

My aunt had entered the room holding Kiraz's hand and bringing the juice I'd requested. Way to go, Kiraz! She'd communicated with my aunt without an issue.

Only my aunt got a glass for Serkan, too.

The man was polite enough to drink it. And I was dumb enough to stare at him as he did, his Adam's apple bouncing when he swallowed.

Therein lay the problem:

I couldn't stop thinking about him – about that kiss - the touch of his lips against mine, the taste of his tongue, the urgency with which he'd reciprocated...

Of, Eda. Yeter!

"What's wrong, canim, too sour?"

Kiraz giggled, covering her mouth, and Serkan eyed us both with curiosity.

I approached Kiraz and pretended to catch her, and she ran out of the room, giggling even more. This distracted everyone momentarily and gave me a respite.

Though, as he had warned, Serkan stayed for dinner.

Robot Bolat Bey ate everything that my aunt put before him. Surely, he'd drink three litters of water once home and eat boiled chicken and crisp lettuce tomorrow, just to make up for the 3 kilos of fat he'd ingested this evening. He'd probably work out twice as much tomorrow, too.

Hala interrogated Serkan, yet the man answered each and every question sincerely and in good humor. I was very nervous about her asking something asinine or uncomfortable to him. Kiraz being with us saved Serkan as my aunt controlled herself.

The one who didn't seem able to control himself was Serkan, who wouldn't stop looking at me like... liked I'd done something naughty or irrational? I wasn't sure. What I was sure of was that Serkan looking at me that way brought color to my cheeks, and it didn't lessen when I deviated my gaze from his.

"Eda, I think your fever is going up again. Your cheeks are very red," my aunt stated when she returned from the kitchen with dessert.

Serkan got up from his chair and approached me, trying to gauge my temperature by touching my neck and face. It would have been funny, and I probably would have teased him if my aunt hadn't been observing us the entire time.

"I'm okay," I whispered so only Serkan could hear me. "It was you who got me like this."

"Me?" He asked in a playful tone. "I make you blush?" He chuckled softly, then kissed my forehead before returning to his chair.

I rolled my eyes at him and stuck my tongue out, which made my aunt huff at me.

"Serkan Bolat," Kiraz called, and three sets of eyes settled over her tiny frame.

"Efendim, Kiraz," Serkan responded, and the little girl pointed to the cake my aunt had baked and decorated with cherries. "If you'd like a slice, you'll need to ask, please, to Ayfer Hanim."

"Abla, Kiraz can call me Abla. The girls do." Speaking to Kiraz now, she asked, "Would you like a piece of cake, Kuzum?"

Kiraz nodded.