Part 14

🌟EDA POV 🌟

We didn't say a word from the shelter to the office. It wasn't even for me to be there. So I stayed inside Serkan's office, where he'd decided to spend the rest of the afternoon after what happened with Kiraz.

"Do you need anything?" I asked, but he shook his head.

I sat on the sofa and took my phone off my purse. There were several messages from my aunt, the university, and one from Kiraz's new school.

"They sent Kiraz's school supply list and uniform requirements. They attached her timetable. I had no idea that Kindergarten took English and Spanish!" I commented, reviewing the email from the school counselor.

Serkan didn't respond.

When I looked at him, he was lost in thought.

"Earth calling Robolat." When this didn't call his attention, I added, "Canim, what's wrong?" I got up from the sofa and went to him, waving a hand before him, "SERKAN!"

"Efendim, Eda," he replied, quite irritated.

"I'm speaking to you. And you're deliberately ignoring me."

"I have to finish the blueprints for the Ankara Museum," he explained without acknowledging his rudeness. "Could you pick Kiraz up when Fifi lets you know? I will try to work to finish this project so I don't take work home."

I nodded, knowing I'd been dismissed. "I'll let you work. Would you like me to buy Kiraz's school supplies?"

Serkan didn't answer. He was once again absorbed by whatever was in front of his computer screen.

"I think I will," I told myself. I needed to get busy so I didn't overthink.

Fifi > Serkan via WhatsApp, January 7th 2021, 4:43 PM

Fifi: Good afternoon, Serkan.

Serkan: Hey, Figen. Is everything okay with Kiraz?

Fifi: Yes, much better. Kiraz calmed down. Take a look at this:

Fifi

Fifi: