4. Raspberry Cupcake

(Tw! Abuse!
I changed Yaoyorozu's costume because it always gave me an ick that she was only fifteen and forced to wear that. Now it just has fabric that always her quirk to activate through the strands, like midnight's.
Sorry it took me so long, I was struggling with writer's block, but it's a much longer chapter so I hope you enjoy)

1 ½ cups flower

1 tsp baking soda

½ tsp salt

½ butter

¾ sugar

2 eggs

2 handfuls of raspberry

I stared at the crumpled recipe, and back at my older sister as she stirred a large bowl. Her hair was messy, her eyes bright, and a smile firmly planted on her lips.

“What are you making?”

She jumped suddenly at my voice, flinging some of the batter on her face, “Yae! Oh my god you scared me!” 

“Sorry.”

She sighed and ruffled my hair, “Oh- no it’s fine. I always forget how quiet you are. I thought you were off playing with Touya?”
“I wanted water.”

“Oh, let me get you a glass.”

She stood up and wandered towards the sink. The tap sprung to life, drowning the cup and letting off a loud gurgling sound. I turned to look over at the bowl she had been stirring. 

“What are you making?”

Fuyumi looked down at me with an uneasy face, “Can you keep a secret?” I nodded. “I was planning on surprising mom for her birthday. I thought maybe a cupcake. I don’t really know if she likes them, but uh, it’s something right? Raspberries are good, right? I mean, I see her eating them, but would she like them in a cupcake? Maybe she would prefer chocolate or- blueberries? Why did I choose such a bold flavor? I should start over!”

Her form deflated as she sat down in a chair and rubbed her head. 

I blinked, looking at the batter and back at her. 

“Raspberries are nice.”

“You think so?” her eyes turned to me, and a crease was still in her brow. “I really want this to be good. Great. Perfect. I don’t know, maybe baking isn’t my thing. This is the third batch I’ve failed.”

“Can I try it?”

“Go ahead.” she flung her hand limply at the mixture.

I had to stand on my tip toes to pull the bowl down. It smelled nice. It reminded me of the bakery mom would sometimes take us by. Tentatively, I dipped a spoon in and tasted a small bite. 

“I like it.”

Fuyumi grinned, “You do?”

“Yes.”

“But do you like it as in, you like this, or do you like it as in, ‘I should be nice because my sister might cry if I say I don’t?’”

“Uhm… I like it?”

She jumped up from her seat and rushed towards the batter, “Perfect! Now I just have to get it in the oven! Oh- Yae! Do you want to help?”

I nodded and walked over to her, pouring the batter into a pan. My hands were getting sticky, but I didn’t mind too much. I listened to Fuyumi talk throughout it all. She flushed about the kids at school, and complained about homework, shoving the pan into the oven and waiting impatiently for it to bake.