Chapter 10: Jump

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Jack and (Y/n) were blindfolded as they walked along the beach of Protected Cove behind Blackbeard and Angelica while four crew members carried the glass case that held the mermaid and everyone else walked behind them.

Blackbeard stopped and turned to remove the blindfolds. "It's to you now, Sparrow."

Jack gestured to the blindfold. "Was that really necessary?"

"Best you two not know the exact whereabouts of my ship. I be a cautious man." Blackbeard explained.

"So be I." Jack replied.

Jack took out his compass and opened it. "What I want..." the arrow immediately pointed at (Y/n). Jack closed the compass and shook it a little, then opened it again. "What I want first..." the arrow pointed somewhere else, "...is Ponce De Leon's ship."

Jack smiled and started walking forward, everyone following behind him.

...

The crew all trekked through the jungle, and came to a swampy river that they all had to walk through. Jack walked ahead with Angelica and (Y/n) behind him, and the rest of the crew taking up the rear.

"Why is it we got to bring her along?" Scrum asked. He was one of the four members carrying the glass case.

"Because tears don't keep. We need them fresh." Angelica explained.

"What is the ritual again? Water from the Fountain and a mermaid's tear?" Jack asked (Y/n).

She was about to answer when Angelica cut in. "And two silver chalices. One cup with a tear, one without."

"So one with a tear and water in both? Quite complicated is it not?"

"Both get water. One gets a tear. The person who drinks the water with the tear gets all the years of life from the other." Angelica explained.

"How many years?" Jack asked.

Suddenly, a snake swam in front of him, and Jack recoiled. Angelica on the other hand, grabbed the snake and wrapped it around her neck.

"All the tears that they have lived, and they could have lived, if fate had been kinder." She leaned towards (Y/n) with the snake and it snapped at her.

Jack was quick to step in front of her and glare at Angelica, who just smirked and threw the snake away.

...

The crew stopped to rest at a small stream, and Philip cupped some water in his hands and began to splash his face.

Jack came over and sat down next to him. "Clergyman. On the off chance that this does not go well for me, I would like it noted here and now that I am fully prepared to believe in whatever I must, so that I may be welcomed into that place where all the goody-goodies get to go. Savvy?"

"We have a word for that, Jack. You can convert." Philip told him.

"I was thinking more of an as-needed basis."