V. Saying Things We Don't Mean

Chapter 5,
     Saying Things We Don't Mean
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The party smelled like twelve gallons of bounce that ass, alcohol and weed. Lots and lots of weed. The worst part was the stench of sex, that was wafting down from the upstairs room to the living room, kitchen, and everywhere else in the house. Not that Mika was noticing, as she was too drunk to even think about the different smells, all she knew was that she wanted another drink. The costumes were insane though, everyone understood the theme of the party and not one person let down. 

  "Does it not bother you?" Aurora asked so suddenly, after the two noticed someone came dressed as a ghostface. 

  Alaska looked at her girlfriend confused as to what she meant by that, considering she was a little high.

  "I mean being at a huge party after you were almost.. Unalived." Aurora whispered the last part, as she looked at her girlfriend, not wanting to make her freak out on her.

  "Not at all, I like to think of it like being struck by lightning. The odds of it happening twice to the same person, is lower than Summer's self esteem." Alaska joked as she took a small sip from her beer, taking her uncle's rules seriously.

  "I guess I should stay very close to you then." Aurora smiled as she laid her legs across Alaska who was very happy.

  Mikaela was trailing behind her very drunk best friend, who was stumbling and bumping into people. Muttering apologies as she looked at a cute boy and sent him a wink, before walking into the kitchen. Alaska looked at the young girl, and checked up on the two of them.

  "Hi!" Mika shouted, not answering the question before disappearing into the kitchen, causing Mikaela to shake her head.

 Mikaela decided to walk over to the fridge and to grab a cold water, Mika looked at the boy next to her, who told her that the keg was empty. 

 "We got some hard shit in the back though." The boy stated, which peaked Mika's interest, noticing her drunken state, he smirked to himself. 

 When Mikaela walked back to where Mika was, she noticed that she was gone, which started to freak her out a bit. Mika and the boy whose name is Frankie walked to the back, there was no alcohol left, making the boy invite her to his room for some secret drinks. 

  The drunk girl agreed, which made Frankie smile, as he grabbed her hand and led her to the stairs, which did not go unnoticed by both Aurora or Alaska. Aurora got up quickly, grabbing Mika's arm.

  "hey, wanna call it a night?" Aurora asked, hoping her girlfriend's best friend would accept and not be stubborn.

   "No, uh, I actually think I'm going to hang for a bit. But you guys don't have to wait for me." Mika slurred as she looked back at Frankie with a smile.

  "Don't worry, I'll take great care of her. I'm Frankie." He introduced himself, as he stuck out his hand for a hand shake.

  "And I'm spectacularly uninterested in knowing a fucking thing about you." Aurora spoke, as she gave him a sarcastic smile.

  Mika however wasn't letting up, making Aurora disappear to get Camden, who was hanging with Miles, his own roommate.

  Once Camden got involved, everything went to shit, Frankie got tased in his testicles, after trying to take advantage of Mika.

  "Mika. Will you stop?" Daphne asked as she chased after her younger sister, who is feeling embarrassed and upset.

  "I cannot believe you just did that! You fucking embarrassed me." Mika looked back as she continued walking away from her sister, who was only trying to protect her.

  "That guy was a total dick! He was going to fucking take advantage of you Mika." Daphne responded, causing Mika to stop walking away and turn to her sister.

  The two girls began to argue with one another, causing Mikaela to shrink down inside, as she felt like this was her fault. She stepped away for a second and her best friend almost got taken advantage of. Sensing this, Miles looked over at her and slowly grazed the back of her hand with the palm of his. 

  Daphne and Mika continued their screaming match, before Mika got tired of it all.

  "I know you are only trying to protect me, but you cannot do it forever. I have a fucking life to live, and I refuse to live it in a goddamn bubble like you." Mika seethed, Daphne only stood there with a blank expression.

  "Hey!" a voice called out, getting everyone's attention. 

  Daphne then got splashed with alcohol by the girl who called them which pissed Daphne off, causing her to lunge at the girl. This night is seriously only ever going to get worse, isn't it?