008.

Dortmund , Germany 🇩🇪

BLUE DREAM

.BLUE DREAM.

'you've got to be kidding me'

"WHY SO GLUM?" Xaila looked up and saw Mahary standing at her table with a raised brow. it's been three days ever since the situation she was in , and since then , Xaila couldn't stop to think about it.

Jude Bellingham was the only thing she could think of right now.

not that she wanted to , of course.

if she wasn't seeing him on television , she was seeing him on social media platforms or on magazines in her local stores.

it was like she couldn't escape him.

she had been coming to the cafe everyday since then and made a good friend out of Mahary.

"just stress" Xaila said with a sigh as she looked at the laptop infront of her.

"still that assignment?" Mahary asked with a raised brow and Xaila nodded her head.

"you need a break." the brown skinned girl said and Xaila sighed. "but i can't take one. i need this done as soon as i can" Xaila said.

Mahary rolled her eyes and took a look at the clock that was hanging on the wall , smiling a bit.

"my shift is done in 20 minutes. wait for me , please," she asked and Xaila frowned but nodded her head.

"until then , i'll bring you a free latte" Mahary said with a smile and walked towards the back while Xaila continued to type things into her laptop , glancing at the paper next to her every now and then.

all Xaila wanted to do , was sleep and sleep forever but she knew her assignemtns and tasks need to be done otherwise it'll never be ready.

Mahary came back and put the warm latte infront of Xaila , making the girl take in the aroma of the latte.

Xaila instantly smiled. "thank you" she spoke and Mahary gave her a smile and a nod before taking someone else's orders.

soft music was playing in the background of the cafe and Xaila seemed to enjoy it as her head slowly bobbed along with it , her green eyes trained on the laptop.

Mahary stood on the other side of the counter , shaking her head as she saw the girl staring at her laptop once again.

she could never catch a break.

Mahary took off her apron and wiped her hands with the wipes before taking her bag and saying goodbye to her colleagues.

"you ready?" she aksed and Xaila looked up and nodded her head , taking a last sip and final sip of her latte. she packed everything into her tote bag , making sure her laptop bag was secure before taking her phone and necessities.

"where are we heading off to?" Xaila asked Mahary as they walked outisde.

Mahary pointed to her black car that was standing in the parking lot. "we're going to take a drive to my favourite restaurant." Mahary smiled.

Xaila just followed the girl to the car and put her things safely into the backseat of the car , before nervously slipping into the passenger seat.

Mahary buckled herself in , seeing Xaila nervous all of a sudden. "you okay?" she asked and Xaila nodded her head.

"just not good with being in cars" she said and Mahary raised a brow but didn't ask anything.

"i'll drive safe then"

they both drove towards the restaurant — which was not far from the cafe.

"it's not fancy or anything , but it's my favourite. I love to come here after work" Mahary explained as they drove into a secluded parking lot.

"i don't really like fancy stuff anyway" Xaila shrugged , making Mahary smile.

"this is on me , remember that" Mahary said and Xaila rolled her green eyes , knowing she'll pay for something even though she know Mahary would put up a fight.

Xaila exited the car , letting out a breath once she was safely on the ground and closed the door behind her.

"follow me" Mahary said as she slung her bag over her shoulder and lock the doors of the car.

the curly haired girl looked around the beautiful place that was covered in different flowers and fairy lights.

she was amazed by how beautiful it looked.

"this way" Mahary said and Xaila didn't hesitate to follow the girl inside.

it gave off a soft vibe and Xaila couldn't believe this place existed. "this is like a real life fairyplace" Xaila said in awe.

"that's exactly what i said" Mahary said , smiling widely and they both walked to where the girl usually sat when she came to the restuarant.

soft music were playing in the background and everything felt cosy and warm.

"this is so perfect. might steal this spot" Xaila said and Mahary shook her head.

the waiter came over , smiling when he saw the two and handed them the menu's.

"hey , i'm Gabriel and i'll be taking your orders today. anything to drink yet?" he asked with a polite smile.

"just some Cuban coffee for me" Mahary said. "i'll take a hot chocolate" Xaila said. hot chocolate was probably her favourite.

"i'll be right back" Gabriel said as he put his notepad away and walked to the back.

"how did you come across this place?" Xaila asked , admiring the decoration. it was truly beautiful.

"my friend , Laney , introduced it to me. I took a chance and here i am." Mahary exlplained , watching as Xaila's green eyes scanned over the restaurant.

Gabriel came with their beverages and took their orders.

Xaila took a sip of her hot chocolate , feeling content when the flavour hit her tastebuds.

the two of them talked as they waited for their food to come and out of the corner of her eyes , she saw four people walk inside and she turned her head.

two in particular caught her attention and she immediately recognised those dark brown eyes.

sh could recognise them anywhere.

her heart sank and she groaned. "you've got to be kidding me"

————