Chapter 114

Enoch raised his eyebrows disapprovingly and quietly reached out his hand to cover my eyes.

"Margaret is tired. Don't look at her like that."

What do you see me as? Even the mature and gentlemanly Enoch sometimes became childish.

"It is a misunderstanding. After spending a few days without fire, I'm just happy..."

At Diego's answer, I removed Enoch's hand that was covering my eye.

Then Diego's face, looking at the bonfire with an emotional gaze, caught my eyes. It seems he couldn't start a fire when he was with Ruzef.

"Can't you start a fire, Sir?"

"I have never started a fire myself."

Come to think of it, Yuanna said that no one in her group knew how to start a fire, so they lit the embers they somehow picked up.

"Haven't you ever tried it when you went to subdue monsters or went to war?"

At my question, he scratched his cheek with a troubled face and looked at Enoch.

"I was recently promoted to the rank of Commander of the Imperial Guards, and I have never been dispatched to war. And it was the duty of the lieutenants to light the fire in the subjugation of monsters. I tried it when I was a trainee knight, but I can't even remember now because I did it so rarely that I could count the times I tried on one hand."

Diego, who said so, shut his mouth and looked around as if he was embarrassed to even think about it.

"I am sorry. From now on, I will study hard next to you, Young Lady."

"I didn't say I'd teach you."

"You don't have to teach me. I will learn over your shoulder."

"I don't like anything bothering me."

"If it bothers you, I will watch over you and learn without you seeing me."

"It's a bit scary to have someone watching me secretly."

"......do you want me to disappear? I am sorry. I am inattentive."

Then Diego suddenly brought his hands together with an anguished face and buried his face in his palms.

I was very flustered to see him like this. It must have been really difficult when he was alone with Ruzef.

"I didn't mean it like that......."

"Then, please allow me to watch you quietly."

Hearing Diego's words, I finally raised the white flag.

Meanwhile, Enoch handed me a flat stone as I crouched down in front of the bonfire. Then he sat me down gently as if he were taking care of his pregnant wife.

As I thought that while looking at Enoch's graceful face, I then looked back to Diego.

"By the way, I heard that only the Saintess and the Crown Prince are left on the South Island. Will they be all right?"

"That's really unfortunate, but Margaret, you don't need to worry."

Enoch's words left me speechless and looked back at him. Enoch sat down with an expression that showed no interest in Arthdal and Yuanna.

Sir male lead, how can you act like you're not interested? Yuanna has a key. The reason we stayed with her on the South Island was because of the key.

Besides, we have decided to look for Yuanna. So she must be safe.