Shattered Into Pieces

The three dragons arrived at the roost and landed. "Where have you been?" Asked Cutter. "To a nice island that Skywing brought us to!" Replied Winger. "Isn't that right Summer?" "Huh?" Summer said. "Well yes." Cutter noticed that Summer seemed off. Aggro landed next to Cutter. "Summer seems off" He whispered to Aggro. "I know why but you must promise not to tell anyone" Whispered back Aggro. "But I don't trust you so I won't tell you" "That's unfair" Stated Cutter. "But it's true." Summer went in the sleep cave and laid on her bed. Aggro came in and sat next to Summer. "See?! He loves Skywing!" Summer said angrily but desperately. Winger and Skywing then entered the sleep cave. "Summer are you ok?" Asked Winger. "Yes just a bit tired" She responded. Winger and Skywing left the sleep cave and Summer started to (partially) cry. "He'll never love me!" She said sadly. Aggro closed her eyes. She didn't have any ideas. Leyla came down the ladder that connected the sleep cave to the rest of the roost. "What's wrong Summer? Winger told me you looked like you feel down" He does care about me! Summer thought "Nothing I am just tired" Summer lied "If you are feeling down I am here Just so you know" Reassured Leyla. She climbed up the ladder. Aggro looked at Summer. Summer's face suddenly lit up. "What are you so happy about?" Questioned the fire fury. "Didn't you hear what Leyla said?" She replied "She said that Winger told her I was feeling down so maybe he does care for me finally!" "You go girl!" Said Aggro. Summer laid down on her bed and slept for a few minutes. She woke up and flew out of the sleep cave. She walked outside and saw Winger and Skywing playfully wrestling on the ground. Summer joined in. "You didn't sleep for long" Said Skywing when they were catching their breath. "Energy nap" Summer replied. After, they got their scales tanned under the sun. Winger got a scale sunburn. He was red on his belly. Then, Dak called everyone for supper. Everyone ate fish and told funny stories about their childhood. After supper, everyone played a game of volleyrock until it got late. Everyone soon went to bed. Cutter and Aggro made a bed for Skywing to sleep in for the night. But later that night when everyone was asleep, Summer couldn't sleep so she decided to go out and get some fresh air. But when Summer opened the large wooden doors, Summer saw something that absolutely broke her heart. She saw Skywing kissing Winger's cheek. It was pretty obvious to her that both Winger and Skywing had thought that everyone else was asleep. But they were wrong. It took Summer a moment to process what she had just seen, but the moment it clicked in her mind, she quickly turned her head away as tears filled her eyes. Feeling like she would burst into tears and blow her cover, Summer quickly and quietly ran back to her hay bed. Summer's heart was completely shattered into pieces. Winger liked another girl. How could she compeat with someone who had just kissed the one she loves? Summer almost didn't sleep that night, but she somehow managed to fall asleep much later that night. The next morning, everyone except Summer woke up and ate breakfast. The others were all outside, laughing and telling more stories just as they had done the night before. Summer couldn't sleep nor eat after what she had seen. Aggro quickly ate her fish and she came to check on Summer. "Are you ok?" She asked. "No I'm not" Summer answered about to cry. "Did something happen last night that I don't know about?" Questioned Aggro. "S-Skywing k-kissed Winger on the cheek last night!" Summer blurted out while crying.