The Fight

Summer, Skywing, and Winger played their game of volley rock until it got late and ate supper. They decided to sleep near the fire pit and grill marshmallows this night. Summer had decided tonight was the night she would confess her love to Winger. She would have to wait for the perfect opportunity to confess everything. Winger went to fetch branches to put the marshmallows on. Everyone ate marshmallows. Skywing announced that this would be her last night here since her parents probably missed her. Summer asked Winger if she and he could speak in private. He agreed and they stepped faraway from the fire pit. "What's up Summer?" Winger asked. "Oh boy, here goes nothing." Started Summer. "Winger... I... I love you." Winger turned bright red. Did Summer really like him as much as he loved her? "Huh?" "I can just go now" "No Summer wait!" He said. "I like you the same way" "R-Really?" Said Summer, surprised. "If you love me, then why do you seem so attached to Skywing? And why did Skywing kiss you last night?" Winger turned bright red again. "First of all, Skywing is my childhood friend. I like her as a friend not as a love interest!" Winger confessed. "Then why did Skywing kiss you last night?" Summer repeated. "She decided to do it!" Winger exclaimed. Summer sighed and twitched her tail back-and-forth in frustration. "Ok Ok, Just stop right there, Wing. I don't believe you. I mean come on! It's pretty obvious that you like her!!" Summer accused him with angry tears forming in her eyes. "Wait what? No way! I already told you that I don't like Skywing like that! Summer you're wrong! Please, you've gotta trust me on this, please, Sum, just let me explain!" He said desperately. But Summer didn't let him say anymore. "Save it Winger! I don't want to hear anymore, just stop lying to me!" Summer yelled at him, angry tears rolling down her face as she continued to glair at Winger. And without another word to him Summer ran away from him, tears blurring her vision as she entered the sleep cave. Tonight hadn't gone the way Summer had hoped it would, it ended with her and Winger getting into a huge fight. The next morning Summer slowly went outside to join the others for breakfast. She kept her gaze ahead of her as she walked over to join Aggro and Skywing. "You ok Summer?" Skywing quiatly whispered to me so the others wouldn't overhear. Summer shook her head and stared down at her feet. "No I'm not" She cried. "What happened?" The sky-blue swiftwing quietly asked from her place beside Aggro. "I confessed my feelings to Winger" Summer told them after a brief pause. Aggro gasped and looked up from eating her fish. "Wow! Way to go girl!" Aggro's wide grin turned into a concerned frown at Summer's downtrodden expression. "Did something happen?" She asked her. Summer slowly nodded. "He loves someone else!" Summer cried as tears began rolling down her face. "He what?!" Aggro cried. Summer nodded and stared sadly down at her feet. "May I talk to you in private please?" Summer asked the fire fury. She frowned slightly but nodded her head and the two dragons headed inside the sleep cave to talk in private. "So... what really happened?" "Winger likes Skywing." "What? Did he say that out loud?" Summer shook her head and Aggro sighed and closed her eyes. "But if he didn't say it out loud then that means you still have a chance." "No I don't! He likes her, it's clear that he doesn't really love me!" Summer said with a shake of her head. Just then, Leyla entered the room and Aggro glanced over at Summer. "You should tell her." She whispered low enough so that Leyla wouldn't hear her. "Are you ok Summer?" Summer debated about making up a lie, but seeing the concerned face of her best friend, Summer told her everything. "But you can't just give up!" Leyla cried. "But I don't stand a chance against Skywing!" "What does that matter? That's not what you do, I know you, Summer. You never give up even if it's clear that you should. You've never given up on anything. So why start now?" Leyla's words rang through Summer's head as she thought about what she should do. "Yeah, you're right. Thanks Leyla." Summer said to her friend. She smiled and gave the water dragon a tight hug. "Anything I can do to help?" "Yes, there is." "And what might that be?" "Help me and Aggro make a plan to make Winger notice me." Summer told her with a happy smile forming on her face. Leyla laughed and smiled back. "You betcha. Anything to help my best friend win Winger's heart."