EMBARRASSING!!

MAANVI'S POV

I cleaned my room and went down to have dinner. As I got down the stairs I heard my parents speaking about me. I stopped and started hearing what they were saying. I know eavesdropping is bad but what can I do, if I go there and sit, they'll immediately stop the conversation because I can be sensitive sometimes and I might end up crying. So, my parents usually talk to me after discussing everything a hundred times.

"Bhagat what do you think about Vihaan?" Maa asked him.
"He's a really nice guy and works really hard and most importantly his family is his priority." Bhagat said.
"What do you think about Vihaan and Maanvi?" Maa asked.
"Actually that's the reason I had called them for lunch. I wanted you guys to get to know each other and I wanted to ask you if you were okay with it." He said.

No this cannot be happening. They are speaking about my marriage. I don't want to get married to a stranger. I don't want to marry a friend of my brother.

"Oh good, because they asked us if we are okay to send Maanvi as their daughter in law, and just 10 minutes back Aditi called me to tell me that Vihaan has said yes to this marriage." Maa said.
"Vihaan said yes? That's great then." He said.
"What about maanvi? Does she like anyone?" Papa asked.
"No mama. I asked her and she said there's no one." Vivek said.

(Mama - mother's brother)

"Ok then we'll ask her if she's fine with it and then we'll send a word to their family." Papa said.

Hearing all that I just went back to my room, sat in the corner and started crying. I don't know why I was crying but tears started rolling down my cheeks, I couldn't control it. All of this was already planned and Bhagat didn't even try to tell me anything.

I heard a knock on my door. I immediately wiped my tears and went to open the door.
"Maan, come down for dinner." Vivek said.
"I am not hungry." I said and I closed the door.
Five minutes later I heard someone knock again.
"I said I am not hungry, how many times should I tell?" I yelled opening the door.
Vivek entered the room and closed it behind.
"What the..."
"Listen Maan, I know you were crying. Now, can you tell me why you were crying?" He asked, cutting me in the middle.
Hearing the word cry, I started crying again. He came near and pulled me closer and patted my head.
"Maan what happened?" He asked in a very soothing voice.
"You.....guys....... planning...... marriage..... stranger....how...could....you....do...this... to.....me?" I said sobbing.
"Hey calm down.... It's nothing like that. They are not gonna force you to marry him and you know Bhagat would never do that. If you don't like him just tell them." He said patting my head.
"But..."
"There's no but Maan. Your word is final here. Why do you think I asked you if someone else was there? Like you said Bhagat asked me to ask you. You said no, that's the reason Bhagat called Vihaan and his family for lunch and trust me Maan, Vihaan is the best person anyone can get. So make you decision wisely. Ok?" He said.

I nodded. After ten minutes he left my room. I lay down on the bed and started thinking about it. Even though I don't love him, I am going to marry him because I love my family and they think he's perfect.

I woke up the next morning got ready and went down. I saw my parents and everyone else sitting there.
"Morning Maanvi."
"Morning everyone."
"So, did you take any decision?" Maa asked.
"Yes maa. I am fine with marrying him." I said.
Then everyone bursted out of happiness and then maa got up and went to call and tell Aditi aunty.
"You won't regret this fatty." Bhagat said giving me a hug.
"I trust you." I said smiling at him.

Then I left my house and headed to my workplace. As the new project was accepted, I had a lot of work to do. Luckily, I finished everything as fast as I can because I wanted to meet Rishita and tell her about everything. I finished my work by 4 and headed towards my boss's cabin.
I knocked on the door and then entered.
I saw that there was someone else also in the cabin with him. I ignored and went and stood beside my boss giving him the files and telling him to sign the documents. When he was reading, I shifted my focus to the person sitting in front. My eyes went wide. It was Vihaan, he was staring at me. Does he know that I have accepted the proposal? OMG it's so embarrassing. Should I say hi? Will it be weird?
"Anything else Maanvi." Abhinav asked.
"Yes sir, I have actually finished all my work so is it fine if I leave early?" I asked.
"You finished everything pretty early. Anything important? Are you going on a date?" He asked.

OMG why is he making the situation worse.
"It's fine Maanvi you need not tell me it's your personal life and also your face is turning red so I can assume the answer." He said giving out a chuckle.

Red. My face is turning red because I am embarrassed. I saw Vihaan shifting on his chair and his expression had changed.

"No sir, nothing like that. I was just going to meet a friend. She got a job recently and was too busy so we couldn't meet for a very long time. So we were thinking about catching up today. That's it." I said in one single breath.

"Calm down Maanvi. I was just joking. Take, drink this water." He said handing me the glass of water.

I took it from his hand and drank the whole glass of water in one go. I was just embarrassing myself each and every second.
"Thank you sir." I said keeping the glass down.
"Can I go sir?" I asked biting my lip as I was getting tensed.
"Yes maanvi you may leave." He said.
"Thank you sir." I said giving him a smile and I turned to notice that Vihaan's eyes were on me the whole time. I didn't know what to do, so I just gave him a smile and headed out.

This is going to be hard. The begining is itself so hard. I can imagine myself walking towards hell now.

......................................................................

Hey loved ones❤️,
Hope you all liked it. Stay tuned to know what happens next. Show some love by voting ⭐.
Love,
Maya 🕊️

Instagram id- _itsmaya08_
Follow for reels and updates..