8

The morning after Narui's return was certainly interesting. Shikaku had woken up with Narui's tongue down his throat, he was surprised but he fell under his spell easily. Narui had his arms around his body, cupping his face tightly as he took Shikaku's mouth as his own, he moaned under the demand of his lover's tongue but he melted at the affection. He gripped Narui's bicep and the redhead pulled back. He panted as the Uzumaki moved lower, snaking his tongue across his neck which made Shikaku tremble as his hands got busy wearing him down under the pleasure. "You're not being fair," Shikaku cursed softly as Narui got between his legs. 

"Am I?" Narui asked with a deceptive smirk on his face. "Yesterday was punishment now we can get to the fun stuff." 

Narui kissed him softly this time, the pressure and demand being replaced with a tenderness Shikaku didn't believe could come from a kiss. He basked in the affection as Narui wrapped his arms around his midsection. "You're messing with my head," Shikaku murmured when they pulled away again. 

"I guess I am but I am your soulmate so you'll have to deal with it," Narui replied. "I have something in mind, something to show I am just as devoted to you but it's scared Shikaku. Whatever we're doing you have to promise me that you can marry me." 

"Of course, we'll get married," Shikaku breathed as he realized that Narui was being serious despite the man's molestation of him this morning. "I wouldn't dream of just staying like this when there can be more." 

Narui smiled but he became a bit sheepish. "Alright, if I'm going to do this then I need to get things in line. I need some high-quality ink, a beautiful brush," He started mumbling as he released Shikaku and got up from bed to pull on some casual clothes before running out with his wallet. 

Kurama and Shikaku stared at each other before the fox turned over in his pet bed to sleep again. Shikaku pulled on casual clothes so he could go next door to bother Kushina and ask her what was going on. They were awake since he could feel their chakra moving and knocked on the door. Kushina opened the door, took one look at his messed-up state, and started squealing as she pulled him in. 

"Tell me everything," She gushed. 

"Absolutely not," Shikaku blushed at the thought. "I have a question for you, it was something Narui was saying this morning." 

He gave a rundown of the situation and judging from Kushina's serious expression he knew that whatever Narui was planning was a serious Uzumaki custom. "He's planning to give you a seal," She started. "Writing seals on our lovers is a sign that we would do anything to protect them. Standard barrier seals, ones to hide your chakra, the same seal that he had scarred on his shoulder or a custom seal to hold some of his chakras to comfort you if you're on a long mission away from each other," Her eyes narrowed at the last one. "The last one is probably the solution should Narui have to be away from the village for a long time. You can manipulate the chakra into a blanket or even a clone of Narui. It's a sweet gesture for anyone marrying in the clan." 

Shikaku was stunned but in a good way. He felt honored Narui would think of him in such a way. "So is this a way to say he wants to be married to me?" 

"Think of it as an engagement. These seals can be removed if the bearer no longer wants the marriage but when you tie the knot, Narui's chakra in those seals would bond to you permanently, they become your skin and can't be removed otherwise. Marrying an Uzumaki is a serious thing." 

He nodded as he understood the weight of the words. But he was still happy, incredibly happy. 

"You're smiling so hard Shikaku," Kushina teased him. "But I don't blame you. Narui seems to know how to charm you." 

"It's more than that," Shikaku leaned back in his chair. "I want to do more for him. To appeal to him in a way that pleases him endlessly. It's the Fixation talking but they amplify what's already there. During this week without him, I ached for him but I can tell that he felt the same. As long as the communication lines are healthy I feel confident about our relationship." 

Another knock came at the door and Minato opened it this time, baby Naruto in hand as red hair came into view. Narui looked around before spotting Shikaku and a big smile broke across his face as he came over to hug him. "I got the things, baby," He murmured as he kissed his cheek. 

"What seal do you want to give me?" Shikaku asked curiously as he gazed at the redhead who smiled and caressed his cheek. 

"That's a surprise," Narui said cheekily but his tone turned serious. "Do you trust me with your body?" 

"Of course I do Narui." 

"Then you have nothing to worry about."