chapter 17

The music seemed to be getting louder as each hour passed that the large group stood outside. it seemed like the group had expanded, and more people had joined them.

someone had brought alcohol, which made everyone her louder as shots were passed around and people were slowly getting drunk.

cynthia was starting to get a headache as she watched notti run around people, chasing dd with a gel blaster. she grabbed onto her head, making her way through the group of people, trying to find cassandra.

she eventually saw her standing alone, standing a little back from the group of people. she joined her side, "you okay?"

cassandra nodded her head. she was fine, she was just a little anxious. she hasn't been around anything like this before, it was a lot.

cynthia jumped when she felt an arm aggressively go over her shoulder. she turned her body to see darrian, "hey, ma." he smiled down at her, making her grow confused as she smelt alcohol all over him.

"are you drunk?" she asked, backing up a little, making his arm fall.

ddots face scrunched, "fuck no." he slurred, making it obvious he was lying.

cynthia's eyes squinted, "why are you drinking?" she asked, grabbing onto him as he stumbled.

he licked his lips as he looked down at her, feeling himself relax a little, even in his intoxicated state. "you look good." he ignored her question.

darrian was usually calm when he was under any substance or drunk, but he always had his moments where he'd act up. cynthia had never saw the boy drunk, which made her a little nervous as she didn't know what to expect.

"thank you.." she spoke, looking him up and down as he stared back down at her with a smile.

"yo, ddot!" she heard, causing both her and darrians heads to turn. he saw roscoe waving him over, making him groan. he turned to her, "hold on."

cynthia expected him to just walk off, but was caught off guard when he raised her chin, connecting their lips before smirking and finally, walking off.

cassandra's eyes widened, before she smiled at cynthia who slowly turned back around to her. cassandra could see cynthia's red cheeks with the little sun light that was left, making her laugh.

cassandra sighed, finding herself getting bored. "should we drink?"

cynthia looked back at the people all around, laughing and seeming to be having a great time, before shrugging. "should we?"

cassandra nodded, "we should." she grabbed onto cynthia's hand, before walking towards the steps of a building, where a bottle of alcohol sat.

the two grabbed empty red solo cups, pouring a little, before looking at each other. cassandra raised her glass, before putting it to her mouth, with cynthia following.

as the drink went down their throats and settled into their stomach with a slight feeling of burning, the two moved the cups away from their faces and made a face, making both of them chuckle.

notti watched the two from afar, catching his breath after running after david. he walked up to them, "y'all good?"

"yeah—" cynthia was cut off, as a boy she didn't know walked up to her and joined her side. "yo." the boy introduced, putting his hand out.

she tried to see if she could notice if he was drunk or not, but he looked.. fine.

"hi." she spoke, before slowly shaking his hand.