The Devil

The park was completely empty except for the two stray dogs loitering in the corner.Even though it was six in the morning, there was no trace of sun at all. Just like I preferred, thought Hedhran.
Hedhran Bajaj was never a sunshine seeking guy, instead he was always the brooding and grumpy kinda guy no one dared to cross. He preferred stormy days over summer days. He was the kind to find solace during a cyclone. Not to say he was himself a cyclone, but he liked it that way. Not all men desire to be a charming prince, ever ready to save a damsel in distress. Some needs to be the reason for the distress, just for the world to
function. He was proud to be that distress.

After finishing his laps, he settled
himself on a wooden bench. By that time,  the park was no longer empty. It was filled with people  belonging to various age groups. A few elderly women  chatted happily while   strolling, A couple was doing yoga behind him. Two boys were playing with their dog, while a man  adoringly
watched them. More people were coming in, which Hedhran took as his cue to leave.

Before he left, he emailed his assistant. He always emailed her in the morning, mainly to have things brought to his office before his arrival. He was punctual to the core, and he hated wasting even a second of his life. Today he emailed her to inform that he would be at the office at eight, which means she will have to be there at seven.

His assistant, Niharika Menon, the bane of his existence. He had tried so hard to get rid of her. He made her work over time a whole year.For weeks, he  consecutively arrived early in the morning and left at midnight, just to make her quit. But she didn't even bulge an eye. He made her collect shirts from the dry cleaner,take his car to car wash and even made her write a congratulatory message for his ex girlfriend's wedding. She did it all, that too with a  fake smile plastered over her face. His temper always turn violent at that smile of hers. One day, he was definitely going to wipe that smile off her face.
Yet, it was simply one of the reasons why he disliked her. There was something about her which makes his blood boil. She was just too much. She was not a sunshine rather she was a sunburst and he disliked everything that begins with sun.

She possessed too much light that didn't even falter at his poisonous
glare. She often glares right back at him, that too,with her annoying smile.

𝙷𝚒!!!. 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢? 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝.
𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜.
𝙴𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚞𝚊𝚐𝚎. 𝚂𝚘 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚒𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚊𝚕 𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛𝚜!!!
𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚢𝚘𝚞