The Threatening.

Niharika had just finished typing her resignation letter when she heard someone say

"Look who is here? Isn't it the new Mrs Bajaj? " She turned her head in the direction of the sound and was quite pleased to see the owner of the  same. It was Sidharth. Sidharth Kapoor. He worked in the accounts section and was Niharika's closest friend in the office. He was a ladies man, a hard core playboy. He flirted with every female in the office including the janitor. Nevertheless, Niharika had always liked him. He used to cheer her up every time she got scolded by Hedhran.

"Definitely. Mrs. Hedhran Bajaj" Niharika replied. It sounded unconvincing even to her own ears.

"I can't believe it. You used to hate each other. And now you guys are so in love  that you cannot even wait a month to get married? "

"It kinda happened. You know,  as it says that Love always happen when you least expect it"

"Whatever"

Sidharth stared at her for moment. The  usual amusement in his eyes had vanished and was replaced with something else she couldn't  quite define.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that? Niharika enquired.

" You know ,I  think I am going to miss you a lot more than I imagined ".

" Awww. I will miss you too. But please do keep me away from your imaginations" Niharika said with a playful smile.

"I know you are dying to be in that, darling " Sidharth said . He leaned his face a bit closer to her and winked at her. Niharika let out a chuckle .

'Hmmmm" Someone cleared their throat behind them. Niharika was so used to that sound that she instantly recognised the owner of sound.

Standing in the hallway, Hedhran was throwing daggers at them. He strode  towards his office with a disgusted look on his face.

"I need you in my office right now. " Hedhran said to her before slamming his door with a force much stronger than his usual one. He ignored Sidharth completely.

"I guess he is jealous" Sidharth said.

"What? " Niharika snapped.

"I think he is jealous. "

"You said it already"

"Go inside before he comes and drags you inside. I will see you around" Sidharth said.

Jealous. My foot she thought.

                ********

"What the hell were you thinking flirting with that womaniser in front of my office" Hedhran snapped at Niharika. He was furious  when he saw them together. She was talking to him, flashing that smile of hers. She had never once smiled at him like that  he thought.

"What? I was not flirting with him" Niharika snapped back.

"I saw you guys with my own eyes. He even called you darling"

"Oh Please , He calls our janitor darling too. He uses a lot of endearments like that. He is my friend"

"Friend??? Are you that blind to not see that he is whipped for you? "

"What? "

"How do you think it will make me look, when you go around flirting with other men right under my nose"

"I don't go around flirting with men. And if I do , why does it infuriate you this much? "

"It matters because your name is soon going to be connected to mine. You are going to be a Bajaj. As long as my name remains your surname, you will have to watch your actions".

" My actions? Ha!!! What about yours then? You go around sleeping with the whole town." Niharika said angrily. How dare he tarnish her when he was the one who needed a grip on his needs.

Hedhran was shocked. He never thought she would  dare bring that topic on board.

"I have not slept with anyone after we signed our contract"

"Then do you intend to remain celibate  for two years? "

" I didn't say that"

"If not that then are you planning to continue your little adventures once you are married to me? "

"I have my needs. "

"Needs!!! My foot. Let me make this clear to you. I will back out from this whole marriage thing, if  I ever hear even a slight rumour of you sleeping with someone. "

"What? "

"Yes. And if I back out then your whole plan will collapse. It's too late now that you cannot even consider the possibility of taking some other girl to your family claiming to be  in love with her desperately. That means I am your only choice. If I leave this marriage under any circumstance then be ready to kiss goodbye to your CEO postion. "

"Are you threatening me? "

"I guess I am"

"How dare you? "

"I dare" She said flashing him her engagement ring.

"Fine. " He said.

"One more thing. Please don't misunderstand my intention in threatening you. Your love life doesn't concern me at all. I just don't want to be that pitiful ex wife of yours whom you publicly cheated on. I don't want people to think that you divorced me because I am lacking in some way. "

"Ahaa. We are not even married yet. But you are already looking forward to our divorce. Let me remind you, I have no plan of divorcing you till we complete two years. If you have any intention of pulling some stupid stunt and forcing me to divorce you. Forget it. I will not jeopardize my postion"

"What? " She asked confused.

"Whatever. Also if I can't go around sleeping with other women. Then you can't also go around flirting with other men"

Niharika laughed.

"Shouldn't you say sleeping with other men instead of flirting? "

"In your case  I ought to say flirting. You know, for the fact that you are  still a virgin. "

Niharika froze.

"How??? How do you know that? " She asked shocked by his revelation. It isn't something that he would know by simply doing a background check on her.

"I didn't know. It was just a remark but you confirmed it yourself now. "Hedhran said, the corners of his lips lifting a bit.

"That asshole" She mumbled to herself.

"Did you said something? "

"No " She snapped.

"Fine then. Now go and send that resignation letter of yours to me immediately. Don't spend your time encouraging any nonsensical conversations . "

"Yes. Hedhran" She said plastering a fake smile  over her face.

"Hm" It was the first time she had called him by his first name.His name itself felt different. It sounded  a little too good from her lips.

Focus!! He warned himself. He could feel it in his bones that she was going to be a very serious distraction.