Leave A Scar

Jeff's POV after he left the night they met

-

I shut the window and jump down from the house angrily.

"Ugh I absolutely hate that bastard" I exclaim angrily, punching the house. Fuck, this has never happened to me before...is there something wrong with me?

No, this was just one out of how many again? Besides, I'll be back tomorrow night. They don't have long before they're killed for real, but even then, no one I've ever targeted to murder has ever acted like he did. They usually just panic and freeze up, not act like they're ignoring the fact I'm here to kill them. This "victim" made me comply with them. Why the fuck did I not just kill him while I had the chance again? I consider climbing back up to just get it all over with. I turn back around, no I'm exhausted, I'll just do it tomorrow. As long as I kill him before he can give any information away, then I no longer have to even think about this.

-
(Y/n)'s  current POV

To take my mind off the events of the funeral I decided to just play one of those games where you solve puzzles to unlock things. It's somewhat calming even though I get stuck a lot, but that's why clues exist. This game in particular is actually pretty dark, with blood and creepy puppets. I'm not sure how long I've been playing it, but I started when it was still light out and now it's well past that.

I start to doze off, but my mind just wants to keep running. If I fall asleep now then all I'll be able to think about is what the fuck Lucy's friends and ex boyfriend were talking about. I shake myself out of my thoughts and re-adjust myself, so that I don't fall asleep.  I click all over the screen trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do next.

Suddenly I hear a very familiar noise at my window. Shit, did I forget to lock it again? Well damn, I guess I'll just have to accept my fate now. I still don't turn away from my computer screen as I hear the window pain start to be pried open. Honestly he came a lot sooner than I expected, only a day passed and he's already back. Makes sense, he probably wants to get rid of me as soon as possible, so that I don't have time to tell the police, or whatever. Once he starts to climb in I decide that I do actually want to acknowledge him first this time. If he's gonna kill me this time anyways, might as well have more fun with it.

"Back so soon?" I ask smugly, still continuing to click around on my screen.

A few seconds after those words left my mouth I felt him come up from behind me and press his knife on my neck, while wrapping an arm around my shoulders to hold me still. I admit now that I am more nervous about the situation. Jeff just continues holding the knife to my throat, breathing heavily but not saying anything, so I continue clicking around the screen with my mouse. The knife is held tight against my throat and I'm afraid to swallow. Is he gonna actually do it? At least say something! This guy is fucking confusing.

Whatever, I find a key in the game and use it to open a door which leads into a room with a broken mirror and blood on the floor. Jeff's breathing seems to have calmed down for a minute and his grip loosens. Almost like he's distracted by the game, I joke in my head. Honestly he probably is, it definitely seems like something he'd be interested in. I click on a piece of mirror that broke off that I'll need for something in another room.

"-What game are you playing?" He speaks up from behind me, his voice is unusually quiet right now?

"Uh...some Forgotten Hill game." Honestly I've been pretty much binge playing through all of these games and forgot which one I was playing.

"Oh." Is all he says, still staring at the screen. He seems to realize his grip has loosened and holds the knife to my throat with more pressure. It cuts into my throat more. I wince a little bit, but continue to wait for him to actually kill me. Might as well, it seems to be trending. Not that I actually want to die, but I've had time to accept that it's pretty unavoidable currently.