41

I grip her waist as she climbs down

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I grip her waist as she climbs down. Lavender's finished with the top half of the first giraffe. I think she's painting a mom and her calf. That's cute. She's so cute.

"Get that outta here."

"You used it yesterday, you know," I tease.

"No, that was a step stool, this is a ladder," she mocks me, making me smile.

"Yes ma'am." I grab the 'ladder' and walk downstairs to put it in the laundry room.

I try to head back upstairs but Daphne's voice stopped me. "How's your girlfriend?"

"What?" I walk over to the edge of the couch next to where she's sitting.

"Your pretty little girlfriend." Daphne wags her eyebrows at me.

I scoff. "Where is your mother? Aren't you watching a show?"

"Pee break. You know, I love how you never deny it. You guys are too cute," she nags.

"And you're too annoying," I mimic her.

"Don't call your sister annoying," my
Mom scolds me, wiping her wet hands on her shirt as she walks out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, Elijah."

"Daphne," Ma snaps, "go make more popcorn."

When Daphne leaves, I go around the couch and sit next to my Mom. "Did you tell her?"

"What? That you have a crush on Lav? No, but it's obvious, sweetie."

I run a hand down my face as I lean back on the couch.

"Move your booty," Daphne orders, squeezing next to me with a fresh bowl of popcorn.

My mom unpauses the show and I'm about to leave but it surprisingly looks interesting so I relax into my seat and watch it with them.

-
Hours later and they're both asleep. I turn off the tv and walk upstairs to check on Lavender.

I knock on the door and I hear a quiet 'come in' so I do as she says.

She's already finished the big giraffe and just now getting started on the calf. She works fast, holy shit.

"That's really good, Lavender."

"Thank you," she mumbles, carefully painting in the eyes.

I decide it's better if I leave her alone so I go to my bedroom. I sit on my bed and pull out my computer.

I check my online pre-med course to see if there's any more work to do.

Quietly, I do my work until I get a notification on my phone.

It reads 'October Recap'. I click it and scroll through it because why not. I stop when I get to the photo I took of Lavender in the bookstore. She's looking up at me as I catch her off guard. Her hazel eyes are so pretty. She's so perfect.