Party!!

"What do you think Aaron's gonna dress up as?" Ramona asks while leaning into the mirror, wiping off some chocolate in the corner of her mouth. She had finally gotten around to asking Briar what was going on between her and Aaron. Briar had just finished her five minute long babble about how great he is. The story goes, as Ramona understood it, Briar was practicing some sort of stunt where she's thrown into the air for the cheer team after school. Not a cheerleader by nature, just a rather petite girl who's been doing ballet since she could walk, recruited to be a flier by the overly enthusiastic and pushy cheer captain, Briar missed her landing and was about two seconds away from meeting the turf with her face. That's when Aaron just happened to be walking through the field. You can probably guess what happened from there but he catches her, 'his strong arms wrapped around my waist, and he pulled me into his chest' as Briar described.

Of course, at first, Ramona was a little upset Briar never told her. "You had just started tutoring Beau and with all your 'blah blah i hate stupid hockey jocks' it seemed a little like ill timing to say that I was secretly dating Beau's best friend, another stupid hockey jock!" Briar had said.

"Knowing him he'll probably match with Beau." Briar responds after a minute. She's digging through a giant pillow case of Halloween candy she stole from her little brother. She pulls out a huge Twix bar, smiling like she just struck gold, and unwraps it in two seconds flat.

With an hour before Aaron and Beau were set to pick the two girls up, they decide to start to get ready. Ramona starts with two small, but dramatic lines of eyeliner from the outer corner of her eyes. She tightlines her water line and smears a little black around her eye for a subtle smokey look. A little concealer, a lot of mascara, finished off with a maroon lip liner smudged into a slightly lighter lipstick.

On the contrary, Briar's makeup is anything but dark. Besides her mascara, everything she puts on her face is either a light pink or white. Briar tops her look off with an almost blinding highlighter and a bright smile.

Rather encompassing of their personalities, Briar was dressing as an angel and Ramona as a devil. Their outfits are made of the same items in different colors. Both of them sporting a corset top and a mini skirt. Ramona's in all black while Briar's in all white. The last piece of their costumes are two flimsy headbands, a halo and devil horns. The top and skirt already pushing their budget to its limit, they decided on wearing their own shoes. For Briar that meant a pair of sleek white heels and for Ramona, a pair of rundown black mary janes. Briar adds a few tiny braids throughout her hair, leaving the rest in its natural curls.

Ramona stands in front of the mirror, flipping her hair from side to side while looking over her outfit.

Briar creeps up behind her, "We look hot." She takes a step to the side, turning her body away from the mirror and towards Ramona. "You look bitchin'" Briar pauses, then adds, "I don't really know what that means, but you know what I mean. He won't be able to take his eyes off of you."

"What are you talking about, there's no 'he'" Ramona responds. In obvious disbelief Briar sarcastly raises her eyebrows in faux agreement. "I'm serious, whatever thoughts are running through that dumpster fire of your brain get rid of them."

"Where else do I dispose of them if not the dumpster that you call my wonderful mind?" Briar grins, tousling Ramona's hair to add volume to the root. "Ugh, I'd smash you." Miraculously, she's able to duck before Ramona can push her away.

To avoid any berating from Briar's overly conventional mother, both Ramona and Briar throw on a large shirt to cover their possibly promiscuous outfits. Briar has a 'Happy 50th Birthday, Carl' written across her chest and Ramona wears a plain black shirt that drapes all the way down to her knees.