Chapter 11

A knock can be heard from the window.

"Yes?" Ella asked as she opened the window.

"We are approaching the Lockhart estate," the knight informed.

Ella nodded her head, then said, "Okay," Before closing the window.

"Madam, we're close to the Lockhart estate," Ella said towards her master.

"Really?"

Ophelia looks up from her book.

"Yes, madam,"

The carriage came to a halt, indicating they had finally arrived at their destination.

"Madam, please wear this coat. The weather here is still cold," Ella suggested as she helped Ophelia wear a coat before opening the carriage door and stepping out.

Ophelia stepped out of the carriage and felt a crisp breeze against her face. She shivered slightly, grateful for the warmth of the coat.

Ophelia roamed her eyes around her, greatly surprised to see many people lined up in an orderly manner.

"Welcome home, master," the butler said with a warm smile, then bowed.

All the people in the area also bowed their heads towards one person only, and that's Ophelia.

Ophelia was baffled at the number of people bowing their heads at her. She didn't expect such a welcome from the servants, especially given the fact that the original Ophelia neglected this household, including the servants, for many years.

She felt overwhelmed by this unexpected display of respect and gratitude.

"Dante, I'm glad to be back," Ophelia stated with a smile.

Everyone raised their heads as they heard the kind voice of their master.

"We are also glad to have you back," the head butler replied, as if conveying the words of the servants.

"Please come inside the estate master as the weather is still cold and we have prepared a warm bath for you," Dante, the head butler, added.

Ophelia nodded her head as she was guided by the head butler inside the huge estate that can't be compared to the size of the Archer's estate.

Ophelia expected the estate to be in ruined or less well-kept condition, but she was astounded by the opulence and grandeur that greeted her.

Without a master to maintain it, the huge estate would have fallen into disrepair. However, the case seems to be different. Someone must've run the estate on Ophelia's behalf, ensuring that it remained in impeccable condition.

The Lockhart household is a dukedom family that takes great pride in maintaining its prestigious status. They are the oldest standing noble family in the kingdom and have been renowned for their wealth and influence for generations.

Something like this estate is only a glimpse of how grand and magnificent their other properties must be.

It is said that their fortune is immeasurable, or so the rumors say.

"Your warm bath is ready, master," a servant informed her.

Ophelia dipped her toe into the warm water after stripping off all her clothes. She sighed in relief, feeling the stress and tension melt away.

It's been a while since she got to enjoy this luxurious indulgence.

The bathroom that Ophelia was currently in was huge for a normal bathroom. The room was equipped with an artificial heater, making it warm and cozy.

Live My Next Life to The Fullestजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें