Chapter 1

Appearance: (slightly younger looking but mostly the same)

--

The empire's northern point has a territory famous for its danger and ruggedness. The owner of the land was 'Boleoti.' And the current duke, Phileo Boleoti. Has had two distinctive traits since he was little. The first is his looks and the second is his savagery. Born with the nickname 'The Black Scavenger', his eyes had a glare that seemed as if they could kill someone on sight. Besides, he has amazing dark eyes, a sharp nose and jawline, slightly colored lips, well-defined muscles and neckline, and...

A member of one of the only two dukedoms in the country!!!

Known for giving many girls sleepless nights, he's number one in the country in terms of husband material!!!

"We've finished what we've had to do in the capital, so make plans to return to the north."

"Yes sir, we'll get prepared right away. "

"And... I'm adopting a child." The whole room fell silent, stunned. "Is that a kind of joke..?" His aide asked, hoping it was. "Do I look like I have time for jokes?" He responded, clearly serious.

"Well...kind of.."

And that's how everything started.

-

Visiting an orphanage in the east, the orphanage introduced the children one by one. However, they all cried at the mere sight of his face.

"Until when do I have to do this?" He sighed, seemingly disappointed. "Wasn't this something you ordered, my lord?" His aide refuted calmly, standing behind him. It had been their fifth orphanage visit and every child they met cried looking at them. Which in a way, was quite an accomplishment in itself.

The duke flashbacks to a memory of his friend, showing him his child. Which left the duke deep in thought. "Have I already met everyone at this orphanage?" The duke asked as he got up preparing to leave. "Yes. Following the last kid just now, you've met all 18 children here." His aide responded. "Let's move on to the next one." The duke stated, his aide agreeing in response. As the two walked out, they were approached by the orphanage director.

"Sir Duke, I'm sorry for not being able to treat you properly during your visit. They're all pretty and kind children. Being able to see the duke even once was a massive stroke of luck for them. A-anyways, winter is just around the corner. And I'm worried about whether the children would be able to stand it." He said, pretty much blatantly asking for a donation. The orphanage facilities were rundown and dirty, it was clear he had no intentions of maintaining the area.

The orphanage director continued to blab on before a large scream erupted.

"LET ME GO!!!" The child in the distance screamed. Biting the finger of the adult trying to hold her down, she ran away and blocked the duke's path. "HEY MISTER!!" She yelled, which seemed to pique the duke's interest in the child. Not even seconds later, an elder child with flowy yet unkept black hair and eyes, and a mole under her left eye, came running after the younger child. "Sister, are you alright?" The elder child scurried to her in worry. The younger of the two turned to her and said she was fine.

'They both didn't cry looking at the duke! In fact, the elder child didn't even bat an eye as if disinterested in him! And their hair and eyes, it's very similar to the dukes!' The aide thought in shock. "I-i apologize, put them away!" The orphanage director came running but was stopped by a simple hand of the duke.

"Rupert."

"They are not on the list."

"T-those two have no manners and only cause accidents..!" The director tried explaining his way out of it. "-So you dared to disobey the duke, I've surely made it clear that the duke wished to meet every child here." The aide, also known as Rupert, said as his presence suddenly became far more intimidating. The director's heart sank at that moment. They dropped to the ground and begged them for forgiveness.

They were ignored as the duke continued with the child. "So, what are your names?" He asked, the sun shining on him. "We don't have one." The elder replied as she got into a noticeable defensive stance to protect her sister in case of a threat. "Didn't the orphanage give you both a name?" He asked in response. "The adults call me Nia but I hate it." Nia responded. "You?" He said, turning to the elder child. "They call me Rane because I ran away a lot. I don't like my name either. In fact, I despise it. " The Rane responded, with a poker face while still shielding the Nia.

"..."

"...You seem very bold, do you know whose path you're blocking right now?" Suddenly the air went chilly, his presence becoming far more intimidating than it already was. The Nia flinched in response as the Rane was quite ready to either fight or run with her sister. She swore to protect from any harm even if it meant killing someone. "It wouldn't be weird if you were executed on the spot." He remarked. Suddenly Rane felt a chill and quickly realized that Nia was unconsciously using her beast fang.

Rane knew about the power after a certain incident and came to quickly realize Nia had it too. So Rane trained to control her power so it could also keep Nia's powers under wraps because it could genuinely hurt someone and herself if it got bad. Rane quickly controlled Nia's beast fangs that were slipping out so as to not hurt herself.

The duke took a step towards them. Nia stood her ground, although intimidated and Rane was gripping a shard of glass behind her back.

"...How brave. You're right, those names don't suit you at all."

"..."

"Leonia. Ramona. Leonia Boleoti and Ramona Boleoti. "