Chapter 2

"Leonia Boleoti and Ramona Boleoti. Thats your new name."

"...Its too long." Leonia replied blankly as Ramona nodded in agreement. "Leonia is your name, idiot."

"I'm not an idiot!" Leonia shouted, tossinh her hands up in fury, although it looked kinda funny because it barely reached his waist. Suddenly without warning, the duke picked them both up, hanging them like cats in between both his arms. "I should call an etiquette tutor when we get back to the dukedom. "

!!!

This made Leonia flail her arm around in shock while Ramona moved in every way possible to wiggle out. In all honesty, it looked quite funny. As his aide stood in shock, he quickly snapped back and asked in confusion, "...My, MY LORD?!"

The three were already in the carriage as the duke poked his finger at Leonia's forehead repeatedly. Initially, Ramona was placed beside the duke but she managed to shift to the other side of the carriage with no one noticing due to the panic. "THIS MISTER, ARE YOU HAVING FUN MESSING WITH A CHILD?!" Leonia yelled, Ramona unconsciously thought that she looked like an angry cat. 

"Its more fun than i thought

"Its more fun than i thought."

"THIS MISTER SEEMS LIKE A PERVERT!"

Despite their rowdy arguments, Ramona could sense they were already getting closer. Which meant Leonia had let down her guard. Ramona had no trust in the duke in front of her and was quite ready to start running away with her sister if he was a threat.

"WAIT A MOMENT, WHAT JUST HAPPENED-"

The carriage door slammed shut in his face, leaving the duke's aide confused.

'Leonia Boleoti' The Roaring Lion
'Ramona Boleoti' The Roaring Protector

-

Count Cannis Rinne. Hes one of the few people in the empire that can have a casual conversation with the duke. If Duke Boleoti is a snow capped peak, Count Rinne is a sun-kissed prairie. He brags about his child any chance he gets, to the point where its probably etched in his mind.

"Just sit down. You're annoying."

There seemed to be a lot of families on that day in particular. Everyone seemed happy. Does something like parenthood really give them happiness?

-

"..So thats why your adopting me?" Leona asked in almost disbelief. "Yeah." He responded blankly. "What a selfish reason." Ramona blatanly added. "I MEAN! PEOPLE USUALLY ADOPT BECAUSE THEY'RE UNABLE TO CONCEIVE A CHILD! OR BECAUSE THEY LIKE CHILDREN SO MUCH, OR BECAUSE THEY SAW THEM WHILE VOLUNTEERING! OR MAYBE THEY LOOK LIKE A DEAD CHILD OF THEIRS! BUT YOU'RE ADOPTING BECAUSE YOUR FRIEND TOLD YOU ABOUT HIS KID? REALLY?"