17| hidden touches

Avery

Mrs. Petis' voice boomed through the airplane, waking me from my peaceful nap. Landon had also seemed to have woken up as well, feeling the weight of his head being lifted from my shoulder. Once the feeling was gone I desperately missed it.

"Okay kids, we've arrived!" She cheered stood up from her seat, outstretching her arms like she was a tour guide. I looked out the window to see that it was dark but I was glad, this meant we could go to sleep straight away when we got to the hotel. I was exhausted.

I yawned as I picked up all my stuff that was littered around my seat, placing them into my bag that sat on the floor near my feet. I waited for Landon to stand before he reached above to the overhead bins bringing down our luggage.

I thanked him as I sat up, following his lead as he walked off into the tunnel that lead us back to another airport. The air was warm for it being nighttime making me think we were going to have good weather here. I was giddy at the idea, I loved getting a good tan.

"The bus should be here already. Get with your same partners and make sure you have all your things before we leave" Mr. Lowens talked over the crowd. Even he looked like he was ready for bed. I checked my phone to see that it read 1am! The entire group groggily walked out the double automated doors, revealing a couple of busses that resembled the ones we were on earlier.

Filing on in pairs, I continued to sit with Landon on the long journey. I was already tired of the traveling but I knew it would all be worth it tomorrow when we got to explore and go out. Sitting cramped on a bus, plane, then another bus for 8 hours was never going to be fun.

I was too tired to even open my book, letting it sit closed in my purse. Instead I chose to lean my head back and watch the scenery pass through the window. Although I couldn't see much, the outlines of the sea and palm trees got me in the vacation mood.

***

After 2 hours, we had finally arrived. We all sighed in relief when the bus came to a stop letting us know we were here. Tiredly, we thanked the driver as we stepped off to admire the building. The hotel was huge! It looked like there was probably 10 stories, as I looked further I could see into the pool area that was lined with cabanas the circular pool in the middle.

This place was beautiful. We followed the lit up path to the front doors, stepping into the luxurious first floor.

"This is so nice" I stated in awe.

"It is" He smiled towards me, voice still deep from just waking up. Safe to say it was enough to do things to me that only he could.

As the teachers talked to the lady at the front desk, I searched the crowd looking for Lydia. Since the rooms would be separated, girls in one and boys in another to prevent any problems, I was hoping she would want to room with me.

I spotted her looking very sleepy next to Blake who was basically holding her up as she leaned on him.

"I need to talk to Lydia quickly" I let Landon know before walking towards her.

He followed along, dragging our multiple bags with him. "I'll come with" He insisted making me lowly chuckle. I tried to help him but I was instantly waved off.

"Hey Lyd, did you pick someone to room with yet?" I asked hopefully. Landon had turned, beginning to talk to Blake.

"No not yet I was just about to ask you" She spoke in between yawns.

"Perfect, i'll grab our keys for us" I smiled in response. She thanked me as I went to start walking towards Mrs. Petis who was handing out the keys and writing down who we were staying with when I heard scrambling from behind me.