Upstate

"Wait here," I tell Dex, entering Juliet's room and shutting the door behind me

Juliet lays asleep on top of the light grey sheets, her body illuminated by the bright fluorescent lights above. 

"Family member?" A voice questions, startling me. My eyes were so trained on Juliet that I didn't even notice that there was someone else in here.

"Yeah," I lie, now making eye contact with the nurse. She furrows her eyebrows, looking me up and down.

"I'm sorry but I'm going to have to see some evidence, due to the nature of this patient's status there may be people impersonating relatives," She says suspiciously, beginning to adjust Juliet's bandages.

I stand completely bewildered for a moment, not having thought of a solid lie.

"I'm her brother," I blurt out, not sounding very believable. "I know of the Kingston family and I also know that Juliet is an only ch-" She begins but I cut her off rudely.

"Listen," I state, approaching closer. "There's nothing you could do to make me leave this room so just get on with your job and pretend i'm not here okay?" I suggest, my voice laced with hostility.

"Okay," She nods begrudgingly. I hum in approval before walking over to Juliet's bed and collapsing into the chair next to it.

"Fill me in," I request bluntly, still staring at Juliet's peaceful looking face. The nurse sighs heavily before replying, "Miss Kingston lost a lot of blood so she underwent a blood transfusion," She explains, still adjusting her bandages.

"Additionally, two of her ribs were cracked due to the cpr she received so we've bandaged her abdomen in order to stop them from moving," She concludes.

"So she's going to be okay?" I ask, that being the only answer I need. 

"Physically she should heal pretty quickly," She nods. "Her mental health will be the priority when she wakes up, she will be sectioned," She adds. 

"What?" I question, feeling the anger rising. I knew Juliet would need help but it never occurred to me to have her sent to a psych ward. Her going away for god knows how long fills me with anxiety, call me selfish but I don't want to ever let her out of my sight after this.

"Personally I think our therapy service and being surrounded by friends and family would benefit her more but Mr Kingston specifically requested our facility in Coventry," She reveals, the distaste in her voice evident at the mention of Marco.

"What?" I repeat, much louder this time. "He should be in fucking prison why is he still able to dictate what happens to her?" I question angrily. 

"I agree but the rumours have no solid evidence yet and if he hasn't been charged there's nothing we can do," She says regretfully, packing up her supplies.

"But Juliet is eighteen, an adult so can't she be in charge of her own care?" I question, hoping that if she wanted to go to a facility she'd choose one closer to London.