Chapter 3: Reawakening

---

What's happening to me?

Ah, my head is throbbing...

My eyelids were still as heavy as ever.

"As of this day, I declare Lady Ivanna Quinn Hughes of the Hughes Duchy, dead," the man's voice echoed.

"May the heavens guide her soul to the afterlife" the man said under his breath.

What is going on? Ivanna...what?

Ivanna Quinn Hughes, like from Sinner's Revenge?

As I heard footsteps begin to walk away I mustered up the strength to open my eyes.

It was almost blinding. The room was unbelievably large. A huge chandelier hung from the ceiling and the walls were covered in extravagant floral print designs.

Aside from that, there was a tall dresser opposite where I lay. It was covered in numerous dazzling pieces of jewelry.

There are enough valuables here for me to live comfortably for the rest of my life, I thought to myself as my eyes continued to travel around the room.

Not to mention this bed, it's like a marshmallow.

And this blanket is so fluffy it's almost as if it's engulfing me in a warm embrace.

What is this a queen...no, king-sized bed? Just for me..!?!

As I watched the man walk away I quickly recollected myself and tried to call out to him but my throat was so dry I was unable to utter a word.

Focus Vera, how can I get his attention?

Instead, I reached out my trembling arm as far as I could before dropping it, exhausting my strength.

"MY LADY!" a maid suddenly screamed as she dropped to her knees.

"SHE'S ALIVE" the maid wailed as she crawled away in fear.

The doctor stopped in his tracks before turning his head. Quickly his eyes widened as he looked at me.

Immediately the doctor rushed to my side before grabbing my wrist and checking my pulse.

"It's back?" "Her pulse...it's back! Amazing!" the doctor shrieked with a curious look on his face.

Suddenly the doctor pulled up a chair and sat next to the bed.

"My lady, can you hear me? Say something, anything!" the doctor said with a troubled voice.

"Wa-ter" I said in a low and scratchy voice after gathering the remaining strength left in my body.

"GET HER SOME WATER NOW" the doctor ordered the maid.

The maid sat there in shock staring at me, unable to move a muscle.