Chapter 7: Business Proposal

***

After coming up with a decent plan, I decided it was time to play my first card.

Before leaving the library I folded up my paper and placed it in my pocket.

As I gazed at the directory on the table I thought, I'll have to leave you here for now.

You served me well, but I don't have the energy to carry you back down those stairs.

Soon after, I walked away making my way down the library stairs, and out of the library.

***

"Eleanor, get ready to go back out," I said while rummaging through my closet, throwing out the expensive-looking dresses.

"My lady! What are you doing?!"

"Ah, could you help me pack up the dresses I've thrown out?"

"We're going to return all of them"

They do refunds in this world, right?

"But my lady!"

"These are some of your favorite dresses"

"Well, they're out of season now" I replied as I gazed at multiple piles of dresses inside the many boxes on the floor.

"I don't need them anymore so don't worry about it"

"Right, I almost forgot!"

"Could you pack up the Duchess's necklace?"

What color would bring out the necklace best?

Would a gold necklace box be good...or would that be too pretentious?

Ah, who cares.

"Put it in one of my gold necklace boxes"

Might as well flex the little wealth I have left,

I'm sure she's heard of the situation within the duchy right now.

Nobody wants a business partner who can't even keep their head above water...

"My lady...I could never touch something so valuable"

"It's fine, just try to make sure nobody sees you"

"Bring it to the carriage along with the rest of the items," I said as I picked up two boxes full of dresses.

"My lady! Please let me-" Eleanor shrieked before I cut her off.