Coffee~pt1

♡Eli

I'm standing by the sink in the downstairs bathroom, questioning Amara.

I suspect that she is not being honest with me. Rather, she is feeding me a load of nonsense.

"So what "bullshit" did she feed you?"

"Bella didn't lie. She wouldn't lie to me."

"Are you sure about that, sunshine?"

She just gives a sympathetic look.

All of a sudden, I am startled by a loud crashing sound accompanied by the shattering of glass.

Amara and I exchange a worried glance.

"What was that?"

"I don't know, but it sounded serious. We should check it out." Amara whispers.

Why is she whispering, we weren't conducting rituals or making voodoo dolls. I came in here to get the first aid kit, not very quietly-mind you.

I was furious, firstly her stitches needed to be changed, secondly every brainless idiot had believed that Ell got her stitches from a "street race". I mean come on it's not that had to realize she had lied.

I quickly exit the bathroom, Amara following behind me. We make our way toward the source of the noise.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs. At that moment, a familiar face emerges through the chaos.

Is it Ella, Isa, or maybe Bella?

I can't seem to recall her real first name.

She appears to be in a state of panic as she discreetly exchanges whispers with Luke, who is positioned on the stairs.

Unfortunately, their conversation escaped my hearing.

Concerned, Amara intervenes and asks, "What's happening? Are you alright?"

Cooper locks eyes with Amara briefly before silently walking past without uttering a single word.

Unexpectedly, she walks toward Jordan.

Interesting

He gently brushes a strand of dark brown hair behind her ear, and she indulges in a few minutes of solace.

Cooper eventually turns back around and begins to make her way towards me.

With determination in her eyes, Ell grabs hold of my arm and starts guiding me toward the door that leads to the backyard.

Intrigued and determined to uncover the truth, I obediently follow her every step of the way.

We make our way outside. One of the cooks offers her a cup of coffee set on a wooden tray.

"Thanks, Clara, I appreciate it." Cooper locks eyes with the blonde for a brief moment a sense of understanding within them.

Ell looks at me, she takes a deep breath and begins to speak.

"You know, Eli..." she pauses, gathering her thoughts,

"I-I find comfort at what some people might call rock bottom."

I lean forward trying to be attentive

"How so?" I ask as she stirs the coffee absentmindedly.

She gives me a small smile,

"It's somewhat twisted, you might think. But when my heart is breaking into tiny pieces, and my soul feels as if it's drowning in an ocean of sadness, that's when I feel most alive."