Chapter 7- Napkin

Hey beautiful <3

•1. Disclaimer-

This is written as Isabella's pov when she was nine- although in the event, she also goes deeper into her past to when she was 7 & 8...

I tried writing how a nine-year-old would speak, but I needed it to be on a certain level. It's not my usual language structure, but you'll get what I mean.

Enjoy :)

7 years ago

♡Isabella

It's finally my birthday!

Today's the thirtieth of May, and even though I've grown a bit weary of this time every year, I hope that it's different today.

I'm at the park with Mom, and there's so much excitement in the air. The sun is shining brightly, and I can hear the laughter of children all around me.

I look up at my mom and call out,

"Mom, I can't!" But she doesn't seem to hear me because she's busy talking to someone else near the benches.

As I stand there, feeling a little unsure, I place both my hands over my eyes.

A little boy whispers behind me, "You can, I believe in you."

He sounds like he believes in me. That's when something magical happens. I feel confident.

As though I can do anything, I can make friends and play in the park. I'm happy.

I decide to trust him, so I use one hand to cover my eyes and let him hold my other.

I hear shuffling as the boy takes my hand that's extended to him. I'm too nervous to move my hand away.

I've never been to the park before, but this morning, when I came downstairs to get a bowl of cereal, Mom was happy

She told me that she'd make an "exception" because she wasn't in a rush to complete her work.

Although she hardly took me with her anywhere. I've always wondered why she didn't want to be seen with me in public. I don't think I'm that alarming to be seen with.

Sometimes, I'd play in the backyard, but Mrs. Jones's chickens scare me. They're nice, I guess, but whenever I'm outside kicking a ball or watering the garden, they look at me as though I ate all their seeds.

If I'm not wrong, I think those chickens are possessed. They're total aliens. " On the count of three." I hear him say.

"Wait! Do we go on three or after?" His silent for a bit and I'm not sure if I sounded like a retarded person, after a short while he speaks up,

"We'll go on three." Together, we take a deep breath. "One", "Two",- I'm probably quite old to be acting like this but that's the thing, lots of nine-year-olds are scared of many things, I'm just scared of "normal kid things."

I consider myself unique, after all, why wouldn't I be? "Three!". We slide down the double slide.

It feels like flying! I can't help but let out a joyful giggle as the wind rushes past my face.

As we reach the bottom of the slide, I take a glance around the park peeking through the gaps in the hand covering my eyes.

The park is filled with laughter. Kids are swinging on swings, and climbing on monkey bars. I feel so alive being a part of it.

My other hand slips as I bring it back to my side. When I look next to me mystery boy is gone. He disappeared. Invisible like Casper the ghost. I let out a chuckle.