1

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Whoever said harley davidson shouldn't have had an f1 team was right.

Y/n gripped the steering wheel as hard as possible. She thought back about how she was super excited to sign for harley when she was a rookie, but now she wanted nothing more but to leave.

She was currently racing on the Brazilian circuit, the same circuit her role model had unfortunately passed away at. Y/n scrunched her nose getting ready to over take Sainz who was 0.32 seconds ahead of her. She calculated carefully as she watched him weave around before slowly adding more pressure on the acceleration, closing into him, not fully processing the fact that her teammate was right behind her taking advantage of the slip stream.

Just as she was about to apply more pressure on the acceleration she heard the person she despised the most over the radio. If she had a penny everytime she rolled her eyes at his voice, she would've been Elon fucking Musk.

"Ok y/n p9, not bad. I'm gonna need you to let Sean through. Focus on defending him" she heard James speak through the radio.

"But I'm pretty sure I can over take sainz, I've almost got him, please- if you can bare with me here-"

"Y/n, Sean is our top priority right now. We made it very clear since day one. I hope you won't fail to take any further orders of ours." James interrupted.

Ouch.

Of course it hurt when people treated her like she was the most useless peice of crap on the grid. But what hurt the most is that she had gotten used to it.
The fire she had in her, a few years ago had dissappeared. The same fire that was fueled by the people she loved had been put out by her own team. She told herself that she honestly didn't care anymore, that she was always used to being the second option. But deep down Y/n craved to get the same attention she would've gotten if she came first. First in race, first in her team, first in her family, first anywhere.

She slowly lifted her foot of the acceleration pedal slowing down as she watched her teammate effortlessly overtake her.

"That's p10 now, just focus on maintaining your position."

And just like that the rest of the race went by in the blink of an eye.

_________________________________________

Once she was out of the car, she congratulated Russel, Hamilton and Sainz for their podiums before she went to the paddock heading straight towards the harley motor home. She didnt want to deal with unnecessary interviews,and although she loved her fans, she wasn't in the mood to sign autographs and take pictures. Not when she'd just been bent over and fucked by her own team. She flipped the visor of her helmet up, not having the patient to take it off entirely, feeling the cold air brush against her face. She made her way through the engineers who were congratulating her for her p8 finish before she saw him. She didn't know what fired up inside her but her feet practically dragged themselves making their way to Sean and James who seemed to have already been in an argument.

"James what the actual fuck?!" Y/n spat out not being able to control her anger any longer.

"Y/n do we really have to do this again? Come on we did what was best for the team and-"

"I could've done it James. I could've gotten a spot on the podium today and you know it!"

James let out a cocky laugh that made her want to punch him then and there.
He knew exactly how to rile her up.