Food

November 8th, 2021

12:19pm

Location: Bixby, OK

**********

As a Texan, there's a lot of things I hate. When the Cowboys lose, when Mexican food is Northernified, and Oklahoma. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty in some parts and I even have family who lives in Oklahoma.

Let's just be honest with ourselves: Oklahoma is just an extension of Texas. I said what I said and I don't regret it.

Now, as a girl who has gone through a kidnapping and an attempted kidnapping, one of the many things I've come to hate is being out in situations that I can't control. Right now is one of those.

Utilizing one of the many fake IDs that Big T lent to us, I was able to bring Genevra to a hospital. The chloroform did a real number on her this time. It's been six days and she still hasn't woken up.

"You need to eat something, princesa. It won't do your friend any good if she wakes up and you're hospitalized as well."

I lifted my eyes from my best friend's face and glowered at the man across from me. His cuts were healing and, over the past few days, he's gotten extremely comfortable with me. His friend was over in the corner, working on his computer. At least Gia will get to have a nerd friend to bond with.

I ignored him and looked back at my friend. She was too young for this. Images of what could have been if we were just a little faster flashed through my mind.

When we had arrived and doctors were asking how she came into contact with chloroform, I had to lie and say we were scientists and she got too close. Did they believe me? Probably not. However, flashing a nice wad of cash in front of their faces stopped any further questions.

"Look, I understand that you don't trust us. Sin embargo, todavía necesitas comer y estar enojado conmigo no cambiará eso."

Once again, his incessant voice pierced my eardrums. I closed my eyes, wishing that he'd go away.

Please, Fairy Godmother. I understand you being here is slim to none, but make him disappear.

I opened my eyes and looked across the hospital bed. He was still there, smirking. Disney lied to me. He stood up and stretched, his shirt moving up to reveal a well-toned abdomen. Rolling my eyes, I turned back to looking at Genna.

He's right you know.

Conscience? Where have you been?

You do need to eat. Your strength needs to be up for when Gia is ready to go.

I'll be fine. Genevieve needs me.

Go.

Uh-uh.

Fine. You leave me no choice.

I turned my head to look at the heart monitor when my stomach let out a rumble that was probably heard down the hall. My head fell into my hands as the two males were trying to stifle their laughter.

Oddly enough, I don't think sane people have voices in their head that warn them of impending (and embarrassing) bodily functions. That sentiment was neither comforting nor disturbing, but made me feel oddly serene. Strange.

Standing up myself, I almost fell back into my chair. I had no idea my legs were going numb. Maybe going for food would be a good thing. I'll get a chance to stretch my legs. And maybe slip some poison into his food.

"Not a word out of either of you," I stated, anger seeping into my voice. Again, stifled laughter emitted from the two, but it was quickly cut off by my glare.