chapter 23

"Here's your coffee." Pierre says while putting it down on the table in front of me.
"Thank you." I say waiting for Pierre to sit down.
"Do you want anything else with it? They have some amazing donuts over there." He says not taking his eyes off them.
"I'm good thank you. You can get some tho, I'll wait for you." I answer and in return I get a big smile telling me he'll be back in a minute. I laugh and wait for Pierre to return with a..
"Cookie dough donut!" He says. "Incredible. Who thinks about that? It's genius!" I laugh at how happy he gets about some stupid donut.
"I had a red velvet donut the other day. Let me tell you, that was the shit!" We laugh about the conversation we're having but after a while we both just stop and I know we're both thinking the same.
"Why did you stood me up, Pierre? I thought we had fun the other day." I say letting him know I'm disappointed in the choice he made.
"We did. At least I did." He says but doesn't continue.
"Then why?" I ask.
"I really don't want to start things, y/n." He says making me confused. What is he talking about?
"You won't. Tell me." I say and he grabs his phone out of his pocket to some me a conversation over text.

" I say and he grabs his phone out of his pocket to some me a conversation over text

"You're the one she goes to when she thinks about her ex?" I laugh out loud. "He couldn't do better than that?" I look up at Pierre. "I never said a word about my love life to Lando. He knew about our date because he saw me get into your car. I never even had a proper relationship." I say to him while I feel my blood boil in my body. I could literally use violence on him right now and I swear to god if I see him today I actually will.
"I didn't know what to think, so I just thought it was better if I didn't show up." He says. "I know I should've at least texted you with an excuse or something, but I was really disappointed in you."
"I understand. I'm just a bit disappointed in you too. Why didn't you talk to me? Ask for my side of this made up story." I ask him and I can tell he doesn't have a response to it.
"He likes you y/n. That's why he did it." Pierre says catching my attention.
"He doesn't. I don't know what's going on with him, but that is not the reason." I say laughing at Pierre's thought. "I'll talk to him about this." I say. "But I really need to think about something else right now." I say and Pierre immediately comes up with a different topic.
"Dinner after Sundays race?" And I smile at his idea.
"Sounds great. If you show up at least." We both laugh and Pierre nods.
"I'll definitely show up. Don't give me some kind of karma by not showing up or whatever, please."
"I won't. I'll be there." I smile and we take our stuff so we can head back to the track.

"What happend to your head?!" I hear a familiar voice behind me ask. I don't turn around and I just keep walking with Pierre next to me.
"Don't say another word. I'm not in the mood to even look at your stupid face right now." I say.
"You're a douchebag!" He yells and I see Pierre turn around. He walks up to Lando. I follow him and look at Lando. I see some kind of sadness in his eyes?? I can't really place the meaning of the look in his eyes. I feel my shoulders relax when I see Max walking up to us.
"No you are, Lando. I don't know what you're doing but if you want her you're gonna have to work harder than just lie to everyone that is standing in your way. Or to her. Really? Lying? You think that's the way to her heart?!" Pierre says and Lando's eyes immediately stop connecting with mine.
"I don't want her. She's bad news." My eyes fall back to the ground, disappointed in what I just heard him say.
"Dude." I hear Max say behind him. I cut him off before he can go on with the rest he was planning to say.
"I'm bad news?! Really Lando?-" I was gonna say a lot of other things, but Max makes a 'stop' gesture behind Lando's back.
"This is not the place to talk about this situation okay? This is none of Pierre's business either." Max says and even though I hate it, I nod my head in agreement.
"I'm gonna go." I say turning my back to Lando and Max, but when I start to walk away I just have to say something else.
"O and Lando. We're having dinner on Sunday. Thought I'd tell you just incase you get jealous and you want to ruin it again." I give him a bitchy smile.
"Don't worry y/n. I'll never get jealous of a guy that goes out to dinner with you. I don't want anything from you. Aaliyah pleases me good enough."
"But I'm still the one you call when you're at the point of crying yourself to sleep." I wink at him.
"Fuck you." He says.
"Yeah yeah I know. I'll hear from you when you realise who great I actually am to you." I turn around and walk away. I grab Pierre's hand just to make him a bit more angry.

Lando's pov.
"Ugh she's such a bitch."
"No you are." Max says making me look up at him.
"Sorry?"
"Give it a rest Lando. I'm so sick of you guys fighting all the time. I don't want to hear her name coming out of your mouth unless you're telling me you're going to admit your feelings to her."
"You won't hear her name ever again than." I scoff.
"Yeah I'll give it 3 days." Max says and walks away to the trailer.
Who am I kidding? She does things to me and I hate to keep it a secret, but I have to. I know it sounds stupid but I really believe in the whole "you can't love someone else if you don't love yourself" thing. I'm not even capable of being her friend. How would this go done if we were dating? That's right. It'll look bad. I have to stop thinking about her. I decide to text Aaliyah and take her out on a proper date. I never payed any attention to her or the things she said but she might be a fun girl when I'm not comparing her to y/n.
Sunday dinner it is.
And yes I made sure it wasn't at the same place where y/n and Pierre would be going to.