Palace

VERENA'S POV

I woke up from a very good sleep and I felt great honestly. I had a really good dream about my mom. It was a dream. not a vision. It was a dream.

I got up and sat down to find absence beside me. Hayes is gone. I put on my robe and went out to the balcony to see Hayes walking with Bernard. I looked at him walking like a professional. It kinda made my heart flutter.

I brushed my hair back and looked at Hayes who just entered the duke's house. I was still standing there and enjoying the nice view I saw. I was in a good mood today. was it because I was married? Or something else. I didn't feel gloomy today. I heard Hayes enter the room. "Good Morning," I heard him say to me. "Good morning," I replied back with a smile.

"You had a good sleep last night," He said doing something. My back was still facing him. "You are right. I did," I said and smiled genuinely appreciating my powers for the first time for no reason. "Did you see a good dream?" He asked. "My first dream actually," I replied to him. Everything I ever saw was always some sort of prediction of the future. But last night I had a beautiful dream.

"I don't get dreams," I smiled and turned around to see his figure behind the curtains. I walked out to see him wearing nothing but his pants. My eyes widened as I stopped where I was. His perfectly toned body with scars and marks but he looked beautifully handsome. "You should get dressed. We will be leaving shortly," Hayes said. "Yeah," I snapped out and rushed out of the room. I took a deep breath and exhaled.

phew!

As soon as I got out I saw Beatrix with a beaming smile on her face. "How was your night?" She smirked as I got startled. "Nothing happened Beatrix," I said as she chuckled. "You don't believe me? Seriously?" I exclaimed as she walked away while I followed her to my chamber trying to convince her that nothing had happened between Hayes and me. I got dressed up nicely with the help of my ladies-in-waiting.

 I got dressed up nicely with the help of my ladies-in-waiting