Unsparkling Romance

A few Weeks Later

HAYES'S POV

"Your Majesty, The invitation to Artic Kingdom have been send and everything is ready," I said. The King Majestically laughed. Nobody likes the King's personal life but he is a great ruler. Everyone has flaws, This was his.

"Well Done," He said. "You can leave early today," He added. "Why Your Majesty?" I asked. "You have been here for 2 weeks, Have you heard from your wife?" He asked. I shook my head. "You can take some rest, We will meet at the coronation," He said. I nodded and Bowed gracefully before leaving.

As I was about to leave, I saw Adeleo coming here. I was about to ignore him but he called me. "Hayes," He called. "Yes, Your Highness?" I replied and bowed. "Why are you using honorifics with me?" He asked. "Because you are the crown prince," I replied to him. "Hayes, You are my best friend. What happened to our friendship being stronger than the shinning armour?" He asked. "The shinning armour has been stabbed with a sword by the knight in shinning armour," I said and left the place. I was still out of place and mad at everyone.

The last time I saw Verena was a few weeks ago. I do like her. She is creative, empowering, different, wise and genuine. I called for a carriage and decided to make my way back home. But not in that way, She is not quite the lovable kind, she is the friend kind.

VERENA'S POV

I have been writing to Hayes. But he hasn't replied to my letters at all. Is he that busy or he adopted a new habit of not liking me? He didn't write back.

I was sitting on the green grass Sunlight was glazing every inch of my skin. It was bright and smiling. I finished my third novel now. Henry was playing for a while here but he went inside.

Hayes's father's health got better and he is now doing physical activities like walking.

I heard someone coming here, I turned around to see Hayes

I heard someone coming here, I turned around to see Hayes. "Bermard told me you are here," He said in a monotone. "How are you?" I asked him. "Good," He replied. "You didn't write me back," I said. "What?" He asked. "You didn't write me back, I sent you letters every day but I never received a reply," I said. "I never received any letters," He said. That's strange.