Chapter 3: You're a prince?

'Okay but do you also happen to be a Leo too because that would explain a lot.'

'You know you humans are the only beings that believe in balls of burning gas to decide their fates in life right?'

'There's no need to get cocky.'

'There's no need to be that stupid.'

'So you reallllllyyy don't know your zodiac sign?'

'I'm a Scorpio.'

'You know what, that also makes a lot of sense.'

Luna stared at Leo for a while. She now knew the name of this evil being in front of her, but she also realised she didn't want to be stuck with him for the rest of her life. Leo watched the mortal curiously as she started gazing off into the abyss. He was truly amazed about what was running through her head, he'd served a lot of humans in his past, but none as quirky as her. He'd also surprisingly never come across anyone who messed up the summoning ritual, which is strange considering how uneducated humans are on the subject. Leo hadn't taken on a human contract in years, he decided he wanted a break from humans. But something told him to do just one more contract, and he ended up here with a ditzy blonde as a fiancé.

'So Leo, I would like to apologise for taking up your precious demon time with my silly affairs. Shall I show you to the door? I'm sure you have a lot of torturing to get on with.'

Leo stared at the girl. She was certainly keeping him amused, but now it was just becoming sad. Did she really not understand the mess she was in? He started to feel sorry for her, but that part of him soon vanished when he realised all the fun he was going to have toying with the mortal in question.

'Okay princess, you're going to shut that pretty little mouth of yours whilst I explain a few things.'

'But-'

'Shhhh, do you think you can stay quiet for a couple of minutes whilst I explain our situation?'

Luna blinked in disbelief at the demon but felt compelled to just nod in response. She didn't exactly want to defy an all powerful being such as himself.

'So cupcake, you summoned a demon, which is yours truly, and you messed up the summoning ritual. But that's okay, because you're now engaged to the devilishly handsome Prince of Hell, lucky you. But, since you so feebly tried to escape our little contract, I feel obliged to tell you what the clause is if we don't get married. Not only will I devour your soul, but you will also spend an eternity in Hell being tortured by beings far worse than myself. So tell me Luna, is that something you really want?'

Luna gawped in disbelief. She didn't realise how dangerous demon summoning could be, but looking back on it she did feel her stupidity catching up with her. He's a demon, of course he's going to want me to suffer. But what seemed to rattle Luna the most was a small detail he'd revealed about himself.

'You're a prince?'