Concealed 🌊1 🌊

Part 1

"Why is this work still not completed Miss Shravani Mittal?" Came a rude enquiry by the man who was sitting in front of her. His eyes were fixated on the monitor screen that he was using as the projector.

Shravani was looking at the man in front of her. His eyes were getting darker minute by minute. The way he was looking at the screen and then at her, she found herself getting a shiver down the spine.

She knew that he was her mentor or better say her Boss and She was absolutely scared of him right now.

The tense lines on his forehead and the anger that she could see in his eyes was enough for her to open her mouth.

"Wo Vikrant, this was all the manual checks that I did and I found some mistakes. Main wohi kar rahi hun, par abhi complete nahi hua hai." Shravani told him truthfully.

She was supposed to used the results provided by the technology team and then proceed with the work but the things went a little haywire.

The data sheets she got were not complete and as a result she had to do everything manually from checking the details of the products to making sure the prices and revenue generated was correct.

"We have to deliver it to the clients today Shravani. Agar koi problem thi toh mujhe aap bata sakti thi na. You know how important these client deliverables are." Vikrant tried to make her understand but his voice wasn't exactly calm.

She was the only one who was working directly with him. When all the other ones were assigned to his juniors. She, who was inexperienced was assigned to him or rather say he was assigned to her.

"Sir, it was two at night." Shravani tried to reason him but he just didn't said anything then. He knew that it was of no use. They would be wasting their time nothing else.

Vikrant had a bigger task in his hand. He had to deal with the clients today.

"Get this damn work done within two hours Shravani. Not a minute more than that." Vikrant made her leave and started checking the incomplete entries himself.

For he couldn't rely on this silly girl now. He had specially asked her to complete it on time and even ask him if she needed something. But she didn't told him anything.

Vikrant didn't liked when he shouted on but he had too. She had neglected the work that was supposed to be used as her grades.

Yes, Grades Shravani along with some more were the interns in the company. Vikrant Singhania had joined the company two years back in a senior position and this time he was the incharge of some interns that included Shravani as well.

But this silly girl wasn't actually that serious that he thought of her.

---

"Chal aaja jaldi se khatam karte hain ise", came an excited chatter of her friend tanvi who was asked by Vikrant himself to help shravani.

"Tanu, hum kar rahe hain hai.. apko waise bhi apna kaam hoga." Shravani refused knowing that even tanvi was packed with work.

After all those two were the interns. They joined together.

"Vikrant sir ne bheja hai," before tanvi could say anything shravani started on her own.

"Are wo Hitler, itna toh daanth Diya.. two hours.. she mimicked him making tanvi chuckle.

"Arre humne Jaan ke toh kaam nahi choda na.. kal kitne busy the. Jaanti ho Kahana bhi nahi khaya. Time hi nahi tha. Aur phir subah direct Hitler se daanth.." she made a face as she sipped the coffee empty stomach.

Due to the work load she didn't even get the time to eat but who will tell that to the Hitler. Who will even shout at her for her own carelessness.

"I am telling you, you can shift with me. Mera landlord puch bhi raha tha." Tanvi asked her and this time shravani nodded. she had thought this sometime back to shift with tanvi. It would reduce the rent and she could get a company. But when she tried to broach the topic she was refused.

"Hum mumma se puchte hain. Waise bhi ab teen mahine reh gaye hain. Phir toh internship khatam hi Hain." Shravani told her thinking if her mother would agree or if He, would agree to her demand.

Shravani sipped her coffee and worked together with tanvi in order to complete the work.

Meanwhile,

"Vikrant how are you going to pacify the clients? Asked a tense Vaibhav.

They all knew that they were dealing with one of their notorious yet old clients and they had a crunch of time but he would still have to go with the meeting.

"Shravani ne jo analysis ki hai, it has some key points that the clients forgot to mentioned. I will talk to them and they will reschedule the meeting." Vikrant said as he proceeded towards the conference room.

"Bewajah hi usse itna daanth Diya," Vaibhav chided his friend.

Even though Vikrant was his senior but the work culture of their Company was really good. It was friendly and efficient.

"She needs to learn. Bas teen mahine Hain uski internship mein uske baad she is own her own. We will not be spoon feeding her." Vikrant said harshly to which he got a reply.

"No wonder she is so scared of you. Bechari ko Daraya hua hai. Uski himmat hai ab tak gayi nahi hai internship chod kar wo."

Vikrant turned towards vaibhav and gave him a glare.

"That shows her resilience and her hard working nature."

"Wahh!! Tareef bhi karte ho uski. Sunna chhaiye tha use." Vaibhav teased him as he got a glare in return.

====

A very short story.

Do like and comment