Roommates??

suitcase is transmasc cuz yessss

3RD PERSON POV

Nickel fell on the hotel carpet as Toilet kicked him into the portal. Just great! Perfect! That dumbass balloon manipulated Suitcase into voting him out. Of course! He never changes. He lifted himself up and dusted himself off. He almost fell again after Balloon walked through the portal and bumped into him. "Oh- S-Sorry!" Nickel rolled his eyes and stepped away from him like he was the plague.

"Oh, did you two get eliminated?" Paper said while walking past. "What do you think genius?" Nickel asked, annoyed. "I-I'll go get OJ!" Paper quickly said while running off. Nickel looked over at Balloon who was tugging on his sweater nervously. He scoffed, rolling his eyes once again. Balloon sighed. "Look, can you just, not be an asshole to me all the time? I thought Suitcase had talked some sense into you.."

Nickel's eyes widened at that comment. "Excuse me-" "Okay," OJ said walking up to them, "So you two got eliminated?" "Yeah.. it was a bit-" "No one asked." Nickel cut off Balloon, slightly smirking as he saw his facial expression grow sour. "Well, we only have one room at the moment since we're still making more, and they cost lots of money, so you guys will probably have to share." "WHAT?!" Nickel and Balloon exclaimed.

"OJ, buddy, I don't think you understand. I can't STAND him!!" Nickel yelled, drawing a bit of attention towards him. "He's a manipulative bitch who only cares about his own self gain! There's no way in hell im rooming with him!!" "Well you don't really have a choice," OJ sternly said. "It's either you room with him, or you can sleep outside." Nickel scoffed once again as he pushed past OJ and ran upstairs. "..We'll just take the key." Balloon sighed. OJ handed him the key from his pocket as Balloon climbed the stairs.

BALLOON POV

When I made it to the 2nd floor I saw Nickel sitting against the wall on the floor. "Did you even know where the room was?" "..No." Nickel crossed his arms and pouted. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Nickel's arm. "Wha- Hey!! What are you doing?!?" "I'm taking you to our room cause you look pathetic." Nickel looked highly offended but growled and kept his mouth shut. He face was pretty red for some reason which I didn't pay any mind to.

We finally made it to our room which was at the end of the hallway. I unlocked the door and saw two bed on each side with a bedside table in the middle. There was a window on the left and on the other side of the room was a door to the (very small) bathroom. I immediately went for the bed next to the window and smiled when I laid down. It was way more comfy than sleeping on grass every day. It was very tiring. I'm surprised Mephone didn't get sued for that.

Nickel beelined for the bathroom. Probably to change into some more comfortable clothes. I decided to do the same and just took off my beanie, jacket, and shorts, leaving me with just my tank top and boxers. I laid back down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. Mad I'm really tired. I'll just take a quick nap, yeah. Hopefully no nightmares bother me this time..

NICKEL POV

I tried to look for some medicine since I was most definitely sick. I mean, my face feels like its on fire. And why was my heart beating a million miles an hour?? I groaned and shut the cabinet. I bet OJ moved all the fucking medicine into Tissues' room. That bitch. I looked in the mirror and saw that my cheeks were red. What the fuck?? Wait.. I used to feel this way about Baseball- .. no. No no no no no. I do NOT have a crush on him.

He's a fucking Mickey Mouse copy, there's absolutely NO WAY I like him!! I was just sick. Yeah, just sick. Nothing more. I'm fine. I walk out the bathroom to find Balloon sleeping on his bed. He looks so peaceful. It's kinda c- NO, NICKEL. YOU DON'T LIKE HIM. He probably manipulated me into thinking this. With his ugly soft voice and his stupid eyes.

Yeah, thats it. He made me feel this way.. somehow. And now he's fucking snoring. Ew. I need some fresh air. And I need to get away from him. I open the door to leave and close it quietly so I don't wake him up. Wait.. why do I even care about that?!? Ughhhh. Imma just go.

Four Hours Later

BALLOON POV

Huh? Where am I? And why is it so dark in here? I walk around a little and see a small white light. It looks like its miles away. Huh, weird. I start walking towards it as it gets bigger. I eventually start running and almost trip. I'm really close to it now. I try to reach my hand out to feel it but it's like its even more further than before. I sigh and decide to look around a bit. I look to my right and see a figure standing less than 30 feet away from me.

Wait.. is that Nickel? I walk up to him and tap his shoulder. "Nickel? Do you know where we are? It's really dark in here.." No response. "Uh, Nickel?? Hello???? *sigh* Look, I know we're still not on good terms right now because for some reason you still think im a bad person, but I've changed! I just want to get out of.. whatever this place is." He turns around quickly, almost knocking me back in the process.

He almost looks.. fake? I don't know how to explain it. His eyes look lifeless. I choose to ignore it. "Nick-" "What do you want Balloon?" I was a bit confused. "I-I just said-" "Why don't you just leave me alone already? We're not friends so stop acting like it." "I- Nickel, what are you talking about? I just told you that I wanted to get out of here! Why are you acting so weird?" "Oh I'm acting weird? *scoff* speak for yourself. You're such a manipulator."

I was starting to get a bit frustrated. "Nickel, we've been over this a million times, and frankly, I'm starting to get sick of it. I'm not a manipulator! I just want us to be friends or something. I just want you to understand that I'm different now! I'm nice! And I don't know why you keep on thinking I'm not!" "Are you kidding me?! Even Suitcase realized how bitchy you really are!" I was caught off guard by that. "What? N-No she doesn't!"

"Yes, I do."

Another person stepped out from the shadows. Her short brown hair swayed as she walked, her bright yellow suspenders looked dull in the darkness. Her oversized brown sweater covered her hands slightly, and her yellow shorts moved slightly, as if there was wind coming from somewhere. "S-Suitcase?" "I can't believe you Balloon!" "Wh-What?" "You lied to me! I stood up for you and you stabbed me in the back! I can't believe I trusted you."

I felt tears form in my eyes. "What did I do-" "Save it Balloon," Nickel said. "We're not falling for anymore of your tricks." "B-But this isn't a trick!! What did I do?" Tears started falling down my face as Nickel kicked me to the ground. "You know exactly what you did." I sobbed hugging myself as Suitcase looked at me with disgust. I saw the white light disappear as Suitcase and Nickel grew bigger as they looked down at me in shame.

I woke up in a cold sweat with tears on my cheeks.

It was the middle of the night. I slowly sat up and started to slowing remember what happened in the dream. I felt more tears in my eyes as I hugged my knees against my chest. I sobbed once again, trying to be as quiet as possible as not to wake anyone up. I was too busy sobbing to hear someone get out of bed and walk towards me. "Balloon."

I look up to see Nickel. He looked pissed and tired. "S-Sorry, did I wake you?" "Obviously. What are you even doing?" I looked to my side and didn't respond. Nickel sighed. "Why were you crying?" "Why are you being nice to me?" "Because I want to go back to sleep and don't feel like arguing. Now tell me, why were you crying?" Nickel climbed on my bed and sat next to me. "I had a stupid nightmare.."

"Oh... Do you wanna talk about it?" I shook my head. "...Do you want a hug..?" I was a bit shocked by this. Nickel offered me a hug? That's new. I slowly nodded my head and wrapped my arms around him and snuggled into his shoulder. He hugged me back lightly. "Don't overthink this." He said, kind of embarrassed. I quietly giggled and said, "Okay.." I felt my eyes start to close and eventually, I felt asleep.